Hotel Ingles
$442
$423
Hotels.com
$208
Casa Camper Hotel Barcelona(Barcelona)
$375
$225
$182
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya(Barcelona)
$149
$144
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbudget hotelliceu metro stationlas ramblaspedestrianised streetgreat locationsingle roommanned hoursbeds were firmheavy bagsthree single bedsroom was cleanroom overlooking the streetextra blanketslay your headcheap breakfaststore luggageboqueria market
Reviewed December 4, 2012

This hotel is in the centre,this may sound ideal but the noise kept us awake most of the night on Friday and Saturday (it wasnt much better on Wednesday and Thursday ).It was explained when we commented "This is the middle of Barcelona what do you expect" When we were leaving another member of staff explained we should have requested a room at the back!
We requested a double bed and were given a twin despite confirmation of the double weeks before.
There is an up side to this hotel and that is the cleanliness.and plenty hot water.There was no need for A/C which is just as well,there wasnt any,but remember this is a budget hotel.
We chose not to breakfast (at the place next door) and enjoyed a different place for breakfast,lunch and dinner each day,great fun .
I always think the criteria is would you go back ,my answer would be yes----with a room at the back !!

Room Tip: Take a room at the back
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Despite asking for a room at the back of the hotel when booking the hotel, there was, apparently, none available on the day. The front of the hotel is extremely noisy, not only from passers-by but from street cleaners, delivery drivers etc. so sleep was poor, allied to rather uncomfortable beds. The water system also did not function correctly in that hot water ran when it should have been cold and it took an age for cold water to come through. The location is perfect although harrassment by prostitutes in front of the hotel does not help its image. Staff were helpful and friendly enough and the hotel was clean and tidy but the bathroom had no room to move at all and was far too small. Reasonable value for money, but mainly because of location.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed November 16, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed one night at beginning of November and hotel was full. That is no doubt because of it's great location 30 metres from Las Ramblas. It's a perfect choice if you want somewhere simply to rest your head whilst enjoying what Barcelona has to offer.

Room Tip: You're not paying for a ritzy hotel so don't expect it - make it your base for enjoying the city.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have just come back from a quick trip to Barcelona and stayed in the Hotel Ingles for 4 nights. I was a little nervous about what to expect from the hotel, due to the fact it was SO cheap and so central but all my worries were put aside as soon as I walked through the door!
The room was spacious (there were three of us) and very clean. The bathroom was very nice, with a bath/shower and a decent size.
I had fully expected to get no sleep what so ever during the trip as I'd heard La Rambla is full of life and with the hotel only a few mins away I thought it'd be very noisy - I couldn't have been more wrong! During the 4 nights I didn't hear any noise at night at all, no traffic, people, anything!!
The service at the hotel was great, the guy on reception was very friendly - the cleaning service provided everyday was also great, clean towels everyday, soap/shower gel restocked everyday, beds made - extra pillows and an ashtray were also provided when we had asked for them, without any hesitation from the staff.
There is a church located near the hotel, and our room looked out onto it - the church bell does chime and you can hear it but it doesn't do it at unsociable hours, we were out in the evenings so I don't know what time it stops at night but it doesn't start until 9am the next morning, it was actually a handy alarm clock and we used it to get us up in the morning!!
All in all this hotel is great if you want to be right in the heart of the action of Barcelona, everything is within walking distance from the hotel and there is a Metro stop right outside, making your trip even easier! I will definetly head back to this hotel if I go back to Barcelona!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends