“little magic candys!”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“little magic candys!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

ena macana, "watch out for the small things " !!!

I´d been visiting Barcelona for a few days and a friend of mine recommend me

to come by this store to buy presents , it was amazing experience,

you see the designers working there wich make this place too inspiring,

and then they have all necklaces and brazalets made out from toys, watches and all kind of quircky things,

many of them vintage.

Was incredible work, and many of the designs where uniques,

I found for my sister that will get diploma a necklace old watch that says : "the best is yet to come"

for my mum (that does not see well) a lens-necklace! and i fall in love with a crucifix made out of guns and this one was a present for myself!

I recommend you to go on a saturday , this is the day i went first, but when i´d been back to pick up 1 more present on thuesday

many of the "must have" items were already sold :-(

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Laura H

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Cute little candy store”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

We made sure to visit based on the trip advisor reviews for presents to take home. We went on a friday around 1ish & it wasn't too busy. There were some sweetie makers crafting the candy and samples to try, which were lovely! I bought a few packets of sweets for friends & family which weren't overly expensive and will hopefully be worth it! :)

1 Thank Electricboogalou
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Cool shop, but best to visit during the day”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

I have been here on 2 visits to Barcelona, the first because I read about it somewhere (probably the Lonely Planet guide) during the day as I was on holiday, and the second in the evening as I was working in Barcelona.

The daytime visit was much more interesting as sweets were actually being made, although it is a tiny shop and hence gets very busy. The evening visit was just because we were passing and I recognised it from my first visit. Initially I thought the shop had closed down because it looked very dark & there wasn't much inside, but on closer inspection there were a few people inside, so I ventured in.

I didn't buy anything the first time due to the crowds, so the second time I opted for some passion fruit sweets. The detail on all of the sweets is just amazing, but you do pay for this! However, I waited for about 10 minutes to pay because a couple were at the counter designing some sweets for their wedding. The guy serving them was not the only person in the shop & I thought the staff could have been a bit more attentive, but I guess a big sale like that is more important!

Overall, I'd say the shop is worth a visit if you happen to be in the area during the day, but I wouldn't go out of my way to find it.

Visited July 2012
Princeton, New Jersey
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Watch master candymakers craft small colorful hard candies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

You have to get there around 4PM to watch the candy artists pouring the syrup onto cold marble slabs to start the candy crafting. We were there with one other family anticipating the session to begin.

Two candy artists mixed colors into the syrup to prepare all the colors required to make a small bit of candy with the initials A (heart) G, inside a circle, about 1/2 " in diameter. They worked quickly to get the designs created before the candy hardened.

The candy making process took about an hour. Other people came to watch and sample the candies. We were all charmed and intrigued.

Candies: very tasty. All sorts of flavors are available for sale. We purchased a variety of candy but they are so pretty that the kids refused to allow us to eat them.

Shop: There isn't much to it. It is small but perfect for viewing the daily candy making.

Prices: The small packages of hard candy sell for 4-6 Euro. Many flavors and designs are available. Large lollipops, combinations of flavors and softer candies are also available.

Papbubble has a shop in NYC.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank tennis105
Stavanger, Norway
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Am I missing something?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

This was on my list of things to do, but when we entered there was hardly anything inside! There was a few people working that didn't seem to notice us enter, and then a single row of candies. That was about it. A bit anti-climatic!

Visited May 2012