Be Ramblas Hotel
$149
$121
  • Fitness center
Catalonia Portal de l'Angel(Barcelona)
$195
$182
  • Pool
Casa Camper Hotel Barcelona(Barcelona)
$377
$144
$133
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya(Barcelona)
$150
$140
Torre Catalunya
  • Restaurant
All reviewshome hotelroom had air conditioninggreat locationwifi signalhot waterbudget hotelmin walkgothic quartertvramblascomforterelevatormetrodrawersplugscatalan
Reviewed June 16, 2012

This hostel is over priced it should be about 40 euro for two people - not 80 euro per night. Arrived & opened room door to an overwhelming hospital grade bleach smell. That is ok if it is a sign of cleanliness but it was not. Immediately noticed hair on pillow which makes me wonder how often the sheets are changed. The smell was overpowering & stayed all night & caused bad headache. Staff did not care or offer any solution. Man at front desk checked room smell & agreed it was bad. We checked back later to see what he could do & he said he was changing over with another staff in a couple of hours so to check back with them. Handball the issue with no help at all. Bathroom tiny & sheets unclean. Partner had bed bug bite. You will also need earplugs but ok if u go out all night. Do not stay here. You can find the same quality for much cheaper price in similar location -or spend another 20 euro and get a world of difference elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank G G
Reviewed May 19, 2012

The location is its best asset. The staff was very friendly and helpful (someone's at the reception all day long so no chance of you being locked out). The hostel was very clean and even though we shared the bathroom on the floor, we never had to wait to use it.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights and had a really good time in Barcelona. The hostel is close to the Ramblas, metro, sites, supermarket and different type of eats. The free walking tour is a huge plus!...you just tip the tour guide. Ok...so, the first and second night was ok...it wasn't until the 3rd day when i awoke to water dripping on my bed! We contacted the receptionist, but had to sit out of my room for 3 hours only to be told that the room is being fixed and I will have to move to another room and will have to wait till someone checks out. no problem, but I didn't want to spend my last day in barcelona in the waiting area till someone checked out. when i went back to the room to move my stuff out, the smell from the water was absolutely disgusting! i had to hold my breath!...I believe it was from the toilet above! now...at this point, some of my clothes got wet. After moving my things to the next room, I had to go to the laundrymat to wash the clothes, which took more time in my day! I complained to the receptionist and was told that she will speak to the manager. later that day, i was compensated only 10 euros for my laundry. they did not offer to reimburse me to at least one night! so, here's the worst part!...i went to bed that night and couldn't sleep....i felt this crawling sensation and was itching half the night!...when i woke up...I had a few welts on my arms!...yes!!!...BED BUGS! at this point...i wanted to just get out of there! i didn't even complain because they didn't even do anything about the water issue. the only reason i give this an average is because of the location and free walking tour, but in terms of the room...i give this place a very poor service!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 5, 2012

We stayed her with 3 girls for 4 nights, and we had a really nice time. The hostel is very small, so we didn't really see other people who stayed in the hostel. It's clean and the bathroom was quite big with a good shower and bath (we had a private bathroom ensuite). The hostel is really close to the Rambla with many restaurants, so it's right in the centre. I can really recommend the pub crawl, it was a lot of fun. The breakfast was really basic, only coffee, tea and bread with ham and cheese, but it was free. There are 2 computers downstairs with free internet. The rooms were quite small, but I think that is not a problem, as Barcelona is not a city to stay in your hostel all day. Towels and linen were also included, we got new towels every day. I can really recommend this hostel for friends who are staying in Barca for a few days, but when you are alone and you want to meet other people, this hostel is not the perfect place.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Positives Points: the free wifi, breakfast and the location, it is located about 4 blocks from "Las Ramblas", but their street is not safe (an advice: do not be late!). Negatives points: The rooms are very small, I mean, even if you’re by yourself it can be difficult to move around the room and the heating don't work very well (the room is cold). The atmosphere in general is not good; the staff don’t speak English very well and not helpfull. They charge to print boarding passes and use the locker etc. The money valor is not the best at all.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family