We stayed for 4 days, in the suite plus a separate single room (no. 2); the rooms are very clean and attractively decorated.
Its easy to find, and straitforward to get to from the airport (45mins). V friendly staff, breakfast extra 6euro but worth it, lovely to eat it on the terrace. The shared bathrooms (toilet +shower in each) are v clean and I never had to wait.
Excellent central location, right beside tube stn, and 10mins walk to the ramblas.
Some slight drawbacks; there is a lift, but you have to go up one flight of stairs to get to it. There are 2 raised strips in the floor leading out onto the terrace; I went flying after tripping on one, and so took great care for the rest of our stay that my elderly mum didnt fall. The staff are not present at night, and only in the evening by arrangement when new visitors arrive, so if you did need emergency assistance at night you would have to ring the owner on your own phone. There is a big noisy A/C unit right next to the suite's private part of the terrace, making it not v pleasant to use in the daytime; it was off in the evenings tho, and in the day the shared terrace was available and further from the A/C. Room 2 (with balcony) overlooks the street, which has a far amount of traffic noise, inc a bus stop immed below; I had to use earplugs at night. And one night was interrupted by a young woman ringing the BCN doorbell incessantly at 1 am and yelling up for "Eleni" for about 30mins. But these were small gripes - the location, terrace, breakfasts and clean attractive rooms easily outweighed them. We had a very enjoyable visit to Barcelona; I would recommend the BCN Fashion house.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fashion House is located in a fine 19th century building in the heart of Barcelona, a few steps away from the Paseo de Gracia and Plaça Catalunya, Las Ramblas and the Gothic Quarter.A careful renovation has added comfort and functionality to the ample spaces, keeping the atmosphere and enchantment of that period.The rooms are spacious and comfortable all equipped with heating and air conditioning. In addition you can also enjoy the common spaces such as a beautiful 100 sq meters terrace/garden and the large living room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your bcn Fashion House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bcn Fashion House Hotel Barcelona
- Bcn Fashion House Barcelona, Catalonia