“friendly, clean, attractive central B+B”
Review of bcn Fashion House

bcn Fashion House
Ranked #50 of 308 Barcelona B&B and Inns
London
“friendly, clean, attractive central B+B”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed for 4 days, in the suite plus a separate single room (no. 2); the rooms are very clean and attractively decorated.

Its easy to find, and straitforward to get to from the airport (45mins). V friendly staff, breakfast extra 6euro but worth it, lovely to eat it on the terrace. The shared bathrooms (toilet +shower in each) are v clean and I never had to wait.

Excellent central location, right beside tube stn, and 10mins walk to the ramblas.

Some slight drawbacks; there is a lift, but you have to go up one flight of stairs to get to it. There are 2 raised strips in the floor leading out onto the terrace; I went flying after tripping on one, and so took great care for the rest of our stay that my elderly mum didnt fall. The staff are not present at night, and only in the evening by arrangement when new visitors arrive, so if you did need emergency assistance at night you would have to ring the owner on your own phone. There is a big noisy A/C unit right next to the suite's private part of the terrace, making it not v pleasant to use in the daytime; it was off in the evenings tho, and in the day the shared terrace was available and further from the A/C. Room 2 (with balcony) overlooks the street, which has a far amount of traffic noise, inc a bus stop immed below; I had to use earplugs at night. And one night was interrupted by a young woman ringing the BCN doorbell incessantly at 1 am and yelling up for "Eleni" for about 30mins. But these were small gripes - the location, terrace, breakfasts and clean attractive rooms easily outweighed them. We had a very enjoyable visit to Barcelona; I would recommend the BCN Fashion house.

Room Tip: The suite, and one other bedroom are at the quiter rear, and face the terrace
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank TravellingHappily

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Southeast US
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Our family of three stayed here for 4 nights. Room was comfortable and quiet. Bathroom was small. Good water pressure and plenty of hot water in shower but temperature was difficult to control. Good AC. Nice to have a refrigerator and a few utensils so we could eat a few simple meals without going out. WIFI was weak on the second floor where we were, but usable; able to go downstairs to "living room" for a better connection. Very convenient location, and friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Friendly staff welcome you to this homely B and B .
Clean, close to metro (downstairs 50 meters),nice little cafe on corner, walking distance to tourist information and old area of the city, try the Casa Calvet restaurant 5 mins walk . Taxi rank just outside the cafe.
Breakfast is extra but worth the 6 Euro. The shared bathroom and toilet not an issue.
Downside no tea or coffee making facilities even though there was a dispensing machine for coffee, Nestea not really tea.
Yes we would stay there again.

Room Tip: Book early, and request a room away from the bathroom.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Rome
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I saw fashion house on the internet looked very impressive.
I booked for my husband and 12 year old son for april 2012.They asked for all 3 nights to be paid in advance which i thought was strange, i can understand one but not all!
We paid 2 nights upfront to the accomodation to secure the room.
I booked a triple room at 140 euro per night .Plus 6 euro per person per day for breakfast ie 158.00 euro per day.
When we arrrived the young receptionist showed us the room. 2 small areas joined toger, one with a small FRENCH BED -one and a half spaces.
The bed filled the room, it was not possible to put a normal double bed in the room, in the other part of the room was another french bed next to a fridge.
The room was very cold as it was located on the floors above reception in another apartment.
The receptionist informed me linen and towels we changed every 3 days, so preserve towels!!!
The television was hanging a few feet from the floor ie 3 feet.

We explained to the receptionist that it was not a room for 140 euro, nor the level shown in photos.and we wanted a refund and to leave.
We also explained we wanted full sized double beds.We were told that is how beds are in Spain- a complete lie!!!
We were told that they were not going to give a refund.
Finally the owner came down stairs as the receptionist called him andtold us we could leave with no refund of our 3 nights paid, as we have paid the 3rd night before going up to the room on arrival.
i told him i own a guesthouse and know that by law hwe should refund the last 2 nights as i had the right to cancel ahead.He told me it does not work like this in Spain.
I told him he was in europe and it does!!! I also asked him to call the police as they know the laws for tourism.They both refused. I also told him the licence of Fashion house only allows him to rent singes and double rooms as on the licence on the wall!!!
The owner started screaming at myself and husbandmy son was terrified. He told us to get of his house and onto the street.He then grabbed my husband who has heart problems and tried physically pulling him from his chair to the door.

I am shocked that an owner thinks he can get away with such behaviour- he told us he left Italy to get away from people like us!!!
well he is giving the Spanish a bad name. This is without doubt the most frightening experience i have had in 49 years!!!!

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
13 Thank Caesars
Fashionhouse, Propietario at bcn Fashion House, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
All the things written in this review are completely false and invented. They are written by a person that has been sent away from Fashion House because was (hysterically) screaming while the other people were resting at 11,00 p.m. We are sorry again with the other guests for this episode occurred and we will try to do our best so that something like this will not happen ever again.
It is not our policy to ask for the full payment before arrival. The reason why we had the full amount of their stay, was that the husband of the violent woman, whose credit card had been denied several times, insisted before his arrival to make a bank transfer of the full amount of their staying. However, when this (crazy) unpolite person was sent away a full refund was done in cash on the spot.
Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
Reviewed April 10, 2012

My two teenage children and I stayed here for a week at the end of March. It was wonderful. I came from Abu Dhabi and they came from the U.S. We met for the week at this incredible guest house in the heart of the city. The staff were helpful and nice, breakfast was great. Very close to metro, bus and placa catalunya. We were even there for the riots on the 29th, and though the streets were in chaos the hotel was still peaceful and calm.

Room Tip: The three of us stayed in room 6. It had a large bed, big enough for 2 people and a single bed as w...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This a belated review since I actually stayed there in October of 2010, not 2011. I wanted someplace centrally located with good value and this was the place. I had a two bed room with a sink, which I appreciated. I paid a little extra for an enclosed balcony with a little wicker table and chair which was a lovely place in the morning to sit and have my tea and read my email. The bathroom was down the hall but I never had a problem waiting to take a shower. The street noise was manageable because I brought earplugs, but I actually found it interesting too. It's a city that never sleeps.
The staff was extremely helpful and friendly, giving me lots of information about how to best travel around the city. I am a very late riser and I know the cleaning staff was a bit inconvenienced by that but they never acted put out. I didn't avail myself of the breakfast service, but there was a mini-mart and ATM nearby with plenty of cafes in the vicinity.
I saw in another review that there was a gym in the building and I heard them now and then, but it didn't really disturb me that much. My one little quibble was that at the time, the linen room was close to the kitchen so the towels smelled a bit like breakfast! But that's really a small complaint.
This was a great location for me. It provided easy access to buses and was walking distance from Plaza Catalunya, where I could catch an express bus to the airport. Many other attractions I wanted to see were also within walking distance. If I'm able to get back to Barcelona, this is where I'll be staying.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Nice house, but the gym above can be very annoying!!! I don't know about other rooms, but in room 2 you feel the walls are gonna come down on you! Had the misfortune of noticing that on a rainy afternoon

• Stayed March 2012