I had the pleasure of spending 6 nights at the Fashion House. Here's what you need to know before booking your hotel stay:
The Good: The location is unbeatable. Its mere steps from the metro which will take you anywhere in Barcelona. It's also walking distance from the Rambla and there are lots of great bars and restaurants in the vicinity. You can get to the hotel from the airport for about 5 euro. The staff is fantastic. They are friendly and are great at helping you find things to do, places to go and giving some nice recommendations. The bed and bathrooms are very clean and well maintained. The continental breakfast served at the hotel is substantial and at 6 euro, the price is a steal! There’s a beautiful courtyard that is perfect for enjoying breakfast in the morning.
The Bad: The rooms can definitely be a little loud. The entire hotel is hard wood floors so the sound of luggage, high heel shoes, doors opening/closing, etc., can all be heard. I stayed in this hotel in the off season – there weren’t very many people at the hotel while I was there. I imagine in the summer when the hotel is bustling with tourists, the sound of the hotel would be a bit more intrusive. The rooms are also a little small – some are larger than others. For me, this really wasn’t very much of an inconvenience. With the hardwood floors, the rooms can also be very cold in the winter. They do have heaters, however. The showers can be a little annoying. They are timed and the water shuts off every 30 seconds. You have to keep hitting a button to keep the water on. Annoying but not a deal breaker.
Overall, I really enjoyed the accommodations but it is no frills (no TVs, refrigerators, in-room safes, and most rooms have shared bathrooms). I went with my best friend and as two women, we felt very safe and comfortable with the accommodations and the location in the city. I would highly recommend for the traveler who cares more about the location than the perks of the facility. This hotel has everything that matters: clean showers and beds, clean towels, nice, English speaking staff, great prices and a very hearty, affordable breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fashion House is located in a fine 19th century building in the heart of Barcelona, a few steps away from the Paseo de Gracia and Plaça Catalunya, Las Ramblas and the Gothic Quarter.A careful renovation has added comfort and functionality to the ample spaces, keeping the atmosphere and enchantment of that period.The rooms are spacious and comfortable all equipped with heating and air conditioning. In addition you can also enjoy the common spaces such as a beautiful 100 sq meters terrace/garden and the large living room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, Priceline, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your bcn Fashion House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bcn Fashion House Hotel Barcelona
- Bcn Fashion House Barcelona, Catalonia