“Should have chosen another hotel”
Review of Olivia Plaza Hotel

Olivia Plaza Hotel
Ranked #36 of 520 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed November 18, 2013

The only reason I chose this hotel instead of Monte Carlos for my one night stat before the cruise on Oct 31 was it was right across the street from the airport shuttle bus stop. But when we checked in around noon time I was told my rooms were not ready. I had to wait till 3pm to check in. After a 12 hour flight it was head to sit in the lobby for 3 more hours.

Our room rate did not include breakfast. I booked on Expedia. I realized the hotel I should have chosen (7th rank on trip advisor) is only around corner on Las ram las .

Service at front desk was very slow and not as friendly compared with our hotel in Istanbul we left. The room was very poorly decorated with almost zero amenities. No coffee pot, not slippers, no tub. Only a very small shower . The window in my room opened to the high ceiling lobby which means we must have our shade down all the time.

The front desk did not want to give much tour advice and the taxi they hired for us to cruise port was a rip off. We paid 40 euro for the ride , but the front desk told us it was only around 20 euro.

Please go check the ranking on trip advisor before you book. We chose the number one ranking in Istanbul and we were extremely happy with our choice. However this time we were wrong. We should have chosen number 7th ranking instead of Olivia Plaza Hotel.

Do not recommend this hotel whatsoever.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Olivia P, Director Comercial at Olivia Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Dear Mydailycoffee,
From Olivia Plaza Hotel staff we would like to apologize for all the inconvenience caused. Fortunately hotel was full during those days and we were unable to provide an early check-in. Also you have booked an standard room that are facing to the lobby, just for 15€ you could were upgraded to standard city view facing gothic quarter or plaza catalunya.
We would like to have the chance to change your experience at Olivia Plaza Hotel, I you plan to visit Barcelona again please contact us and we will do our best in order to give you the best experience.
Kind regards,

F. González

Write a ReviewReviews (2,206)

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Stayed there after finishing a bike tour. Great hotel with modern facilities, a SUPER friendly staff and great location. Great breakfast also!! Staff lent us umbrellas on rainy day and also prepared a great breakfast for us when we had to catch an early flight. Would highly recommend!!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2013

This is our favorite hotel in Europe. Perfect location, great staff, excellent value. We had a suite facing the plaza (I think room 606). Everything was excellent from the bed to the pull out sofa, to the a/c. Very clean and contemporary. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for just one night, end of oct. Was travelling alone and it was so easy to get to the hotel..as soon as you get out of the airport , i found buses waiting and in a few minutes i was on the way to plaza catalunya! The bus stops you just a few metres away from the hotel and no problems finding it!

The lobby area is quite small but nice and modern. Staff were great, and one could always find security bythe main door! Had a room on the 6 floor, modern,amazing views! Breakfast was quite good and unfortunatly late check out was not available in my case ( i understand this as i work in hotels)..only thing i didnt understand was..if i wanted to charge my mobile throughout the night, i had to leave my living room light on...its like if you turn off the lights, all the sockets in the area wnt work..so had to sleep with the living room light on to charge mobile( or maybe i was doing something wrong!).

Room Tip: Had a suite on the 6 floor, great views, big room, no noise!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

I spent three nights here earlier this month. The location can not be beat: it's a 45-second walk from the Aerobus stop. I was greeted warmly by Daniel a reception and given the key to my room on the seventh floor. The room turned out to be a three-part suite with a picture window over Placa Catalunya.

The amenities were fantastic: nice linens, great toiletries. The sofa in the sitting room was comfy though there was no reason to sit there when I was smack in the middle of town.

The staff was beyond friendly and I will absolutely try to stay here the next time I'm in Barcelona.

Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Excellent location where you can reach everything very easily. Very friendly staff. Great General Manager! Spacious rooms. Excellent service. Very delicious breakfast. My family and I have enjoyed a very comfortable stay in the hotel while we were vacationing in Barcelona.

Faisal from Kuwait

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The good: wonderful location, excellent view (city side), beautiful property.

The bad: horribly inadequate heating and cooling controls, poor lighting, dirt in room corners, lots of street and construction noise.

Room Tip: Your choice: view or sleep.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple