“A piece of modern art”

Ranked #49 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Bucharest
“A piece of modern art”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

This hotel is a piece of modern art in a pleasant neighbourhood. It is amazing how the fabulous interior design has been created through the combination of new and old elements, playing with colours and textures, shapes and lights, spaces and technology. The result is unbelievably comfortable for all of the senses, even in the smallest room. All the people I’ve met here during my 11 days stay were competent, warm and kind, discreet and elegant. Thank you!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have picked this hotel based on Tripadvisor reviews, and I wasnt disappointed one bit. This is a fantastic hotel, the staff is extremely helpful, with a special shout out and thank you to the evening shift front desk and especially Clara as she is without a doubt the most helpful person I've met in a hotel during my entire Eurotrip this summer. The rooms are very modern and extremely clean. The location is just perfect, 3 blocks away from Passeig de Gracia, and everything was in walking distance from Gracia to Rambla, but lets be honest Rambla is fulled with tourist traps so this bit of distance from it is a positive thing, so you get shielded from the noisy crowds and tourist while still being a 15 minutes walk away from everything. The metro station is conveniently located just around the block that has the hotel so getting to further places like Barceloneta Beach or Mount Tibidabo is fairly easy. I originally wanted to stay in Barcelona just for a week or so, then I extended my stay for a total of 20 days, and the hotel felt like home.
I am definitely staying in Granados 83 in my future stays to Barcelona.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Mansour G
Hampshire
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Enjoyed staying at Granados 83. Front desk very helpful and spoke good English. Was a little bit out from the Ramblas, but after 4 days we did start to get our bearings. Breakfast was very good, the waiting staff were excellent. If we go back to Barcelona we would stay here again. Barcelona is a fascinating city and we loved it. So much to see and do.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mosy
Cincinnati
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Our family of four stayed 2 nights here recently. We had a family room. It was a very cool design and we loved having the kids downstairs and we were upstairs with a little plunge pool we shared with another family (although we never plunged at the same time). The hotel is very modern and in a good location. We ate out both nights in the neighborhood that was lively and excellent tapas. The room service was average and the hotel food was average. The front desk had some staff that where more helpful than others with directions and tips on what to do. We were near the metro (but not the easiest metro in the world to navigate). We did the city bus tour (we never do those) but since we had a few days and the city is so large and spread out, it was a good way to see a lot in a short time. Near the hotel is a cute pastry shop called Mauri that was excellent. For Europe, this hotel is a good value, location and room space for a family.

Room Tip: Family rooms have great space. Ours was two stories with steep steps and a fun plunge pool in a nei...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

We usually stay in 4 or 5 stars boutique/designer hotels.
I picked the Granados 83 because of its very good location, and the interesting offer I got for pre booking over 1 month in advance. Front desk at check was very professional and multi langual which is always a big plus. The hotel staff was overall very helpful and kind. Especially when it when we had to park our car in the hotels' garage! What an experience!!! it's goes very steep and very deep with many curves and turns, but there's a staff member here to guide you all the way !!!

I was disappointed by our room. I was expecting more to be honest. The bed was not comfortable at all, and moving! Small moving area in the room. Design is nice but lobby and overall hotel looks a lot better! The bathroom was big maybe as big as the bed area of the room! Some type of big stain on the white marble floor, it to me like blood stain from, really bothered me.

The breakfast room and buffet and overall service were really good we enjoyed that each day. The roof top bar was nice as well with seating and chill out zone.

I do recommend this hotel .. But make sure to get a good room.

3.7 out of 5 on my rating scale!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Modern, cool hotel in the middle of the happening Eixample area. Most of the rooms have a nice little balcony, and the roof terrace has a small pool. This comes in very handy on hot summer days....

Very good location for exploring the neighbourhood (with many good bars and restaurants). 2 metro stations not too far away.

Would recommend it, though maybe more for couples/ buisiness than family (though the hotel offers Family rooms with semi-private pools). The area is not the most exiting for the little ones.

Hope to go there again!

Room Tip: High up, and with a balcony
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
The Netherlands
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Granados 83 for 3 nights over the weekend.
When arriving they had no record of my reservation (via Trivago / Olotels).
Instead of saying 'sorry we don't know you' they just gave me my room and told me that they would figure it out. Within 30 mins they had arranged it and I got a call from Olotels.com to apologize for the inconvenience (apparently the mistake was theirs) .. Big + for both the hotel and Olotels.com!
The hotel has an interesting modern stylish Spanish design with leather and steel. Although a bit dark, I thought it to be warm and pleasant. The breakfast was great, with various Spanish ham, cheeses, yogurts, etc. and a variety of specialties on order. (although the bread selection was limited) The breakfast service was excellent with prompt and friendly staff.
The rooms are high quality, warm although dark design, good selection in the minibar, good beds and sheets, nice thick towels and bathrobes. I liked the chaise longue in the room, much more comfortable than a chair :-). Unfortunately the bathroom suffers a bit under sloppy maintenance (I doesn't represent the same quality as the room and the rest of the hotel) and not all TV channels were available (but who would be watching tv when in a city like Barcelona ;-)
Minus points for the hotel were the poor wifi: 0.25Mb download at best.. and the pool area was a bit disappointing: do not expect a spacious pool.
But overall : excellent hotel, friendly and efficient staff.. very pleasant stay, I was happy staying there :-)

• Stayed August 2013