“Stunning Combination”
Review of Hotel Granados 83

Hotel Granados 83
Ranked #49 of 515 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Granados 83 has everything that I desired in a hotel - clean, classy lines, with eclectic feel, friendly very helpful staff, excellent location -walking distance to great sites - the wake up coffee was a nice touch and the breakfast was perfect. Highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic break in the Eixample area of Barcelona. Las Ramblas an easy walk and surrounded by good value restaurants. The staff are great, they did a great deal for breakfast when we checked in. Duplex rooms are fantastic if you have teenagers like us.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Location was perfect for us, metro nearby, safe area with really nice places to eat and drink also. the hotel was very well appointed and stylish. We took a travel kettle as no tea making facilities provided. Rooms were quiet and the terrace was a real bonus.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I recently enjoyed a two night stay here over the Bank holiday weekend and was very impressed with both the look of the hotel, with the rooms and reception areas all being decorated in a Manhattan style, and also with the helpfulness of the staff. Every request was dealt with in a very professional and pleasant manner and I felt as if they could not do enough to assist me in my stay. I would definitely consider staying here again next time i visit Barcelona.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank steve b
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Cool funky design, a New York style with a bar next to pool. Great to have a small pool for the hot days there, but remember if you swim in afternoon that you could have an audience. A great location near la ramblas restaurant area. Try La Polca, 2 blocks away for a fabulous and reasonable meal. Had a 10E 3 course lunch!

Staff were generally helpful and nice, However we felt the initial staff we met were short and lacked a friendly manner.
We were shown our room but not explained how the balcony door worked so thought it broken. Then our toilet didn't flush so had to get staff back in to fix this. Although they were very quick in sorting it for us.

General wear and tear on the room was not so good, the hotel could do with a bit more love in the rooms.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
DireccionDerbyHotels, Deputy Manager at Hotel Granados 83, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking your time to write down your opinion concerning your recent stay at the Granados 83.

We are glad to know that overall we did a good job, although there were some small incidents which were sorted it out immediately.

We are sorry to hear the room and our staff did not look up to your expectation. We all take note of your comments and we will try to dodge this happen again.

We look forward to welcome you back again soon.

Kind Regards
Sònia Calvo

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I really loved my visit. I went in October of last year and I can't say enough. The staff was very friendly, they answered all my questions, they were warm and inviting. I spent the previous year traveling and stayed in a LOT of hotels, so I've dealt with a lot of hotel staff, and these guys were very professional and very kind.

My boyfriend and I were not in the fanciest room, but they treated us like VIP guests. They must have figured it out from my id they photocopied that my birthday was coming up, and they had a bottle of champagne waiting for me in the room that day! These are the touches that make a boutique hotel worth your while.

The area is lovely and quiet, but close enough to the tourist areas for me. The room was small, but cozy and when we weren't sightseeing, pleasant enough to be happy hanging out 9(then again, I'm a New Yorker, so I'm used to making up for small spaces with great design ;) On vacation and felt comfortable hanging out in the room or

My ONLY complaint was the blonde girl who worked at nights. She wasn't ever exactly pleasant and when we asked for suggestions on where to go out, she directed us to a pretty horrible touristy area with all kinds of sketchy people! Not sure why she thought we'd like it (or if she really thought we would) but hey, maybe she was having a bad week. The other staff more than made up for one cranky girl. I'd definitely recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank so much for your nice comments regarding your recent stay at the granados 83.

We are very happy to learn that our excellent staff was able to provide such great service during your stay, and that we met your expectations.

Regarding your complaint, I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced. Unfortunately during the time she worked at the hotel we could not make her understand our company philosophy so that she is not joining the hotel staff anymore.

Next time you come, we will make sure this won’t happen to you again.

Thank you for relying on our hotel services

Kind regards

Sònia Calvo

Reviewed May 6, 2013

The hotel is on a quiet street in the Eixample neighbourhood. Although not in the centre of all the action, it is close to a Metro station and is an enjoyable walk to the plazas downtown. The reception staff were friendly and helpful. What I most liked about the hotel was the decor. It has a very trendy interior with modern features. The large window let in a lot of natural light, and the lighting scheme made the room feel inviting at night. I had a single room, and even it seemed rather spacious. I didn't eat breakfast or visit the pool during my stay because I was too busy exploring the city. I think this is a comfortable, quiet, trendy and safe place to stay, and I would consider a future stay on another trip to Barcelona.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo