In reverse order:
The ugly: perhaps only the inability to check into one's room before 3 p.m. which was an annoyance especially after a very early start, but easily forgotten by leaving one's bag at the hotel and stepping out into this throbbing city.
The bad: the wireless connection was poor in my room but soon remedied by....
The good: the staff make this hotel what it is. They are young, enthusiastic, incredibly friendly and go out of their way to make your stay with them a success. I asked at the time of booking online for a quiet room at the end of the corridor and got exactly that. My annoyance with the poor wireless connection was soon put right by the loan of an ethernet cable, and some tapas in a local joint recommended by them. Indeed their recommendations were always well placed. Its location in one of the trendiest parts of town is also a big plus. All in all this hotel does what it says on the tin. It is chic - its reception/bar/breakfast area is informal, hip and simpatico - and relatively basic, so if you want luxury this place is not for you. But if you are just after a room that is clean and comfortable and in the heart of the buzzing Born, then look no further because what it lacks in facilities it more than makes up for in the warmth and helpfulness of its staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hotel that combines the traditional with the futuristic in a privileged environment: a building that is more than 100 years old with spectacular ceilings over seven metres high and spaces designed to surprise and enjoy. Its rooms, with an original glass shower in the room, are chameleon-like: you can change the colour depending on your mood. The passageways, full of enchantment and mystery, mutate with colour changes from the lights in the rooms. Enjoy our “Beyourself” and “Helpyourself” area in the common area where you can relax listening to music, reading any of our books or having a coffe, tea or water for free. Also, if you want to move about the city at your own pace, bicycles are available to rent. Once you try them, you won’t want to use any other transport in Barcelona. You can also enjoy our chic&basic tour, a two hour walk through Ciutat Vella in which we will mix history with some curiosities, as well as gastronomic and nightlife suggestions. Enjoy it on Tuesdays, Thursdays or Saturdays at 10:00am. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your chic&basic Born Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chic And Basic Born Hotel
- Chic&Basic Born Hotel Barcelona, Catalonia
- Hotel Chic Basic Born