The 2 things that stand out for me about this hotel are the staff and the location. The staff were incredibly friendly and chatty straight away. The lady on reception gave us a great recommendation for a tapas lunch, just down the road and it ended up being our favourite tapas restaurant we went to. Check it out - it's called Bar del Pla just off Carrer de la Princesa.
With regards to the location, it couldn't be better for what we wanted it for. The El Born area is really cool. Full of bars, restaurants, tapas bars and nice independent shops. As a 30 year old couple, we felt no intimidation at all at any point in our trip, felt completely safe. And found the Barcelona locals really friendly.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for affordable accommodation in a vibrant area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hotel that combines the traditional with the futuristic in a privileged environment: a building that is more than 100 years old with spectacular ceilings over seven metres high and spaces designed to surprise and enjoy. Its rooms, with an original glass shower in the room, are chameleon-like: you can change the colour depending on your mood. The passageways, full of enchantment and mystery, mutate with colour changes from the lights in the rooms. Enjoy our “Beyourself” and “Helpyourself” area in the common area where you can relax listening to music, reading any of our books or having a coffe, tea or water for free. Also, if you want to move about the city at your own pace, bicycles are available to rent. Once you try them, you won’t want to use any other transport in Barcelona. You can also enjoy our chic&basic tour, a two hour walk through Ciutat Vella in which we will mix history with some curiosities, as well as gastronomic and nightlife suggestions. Enjoy it on Tuesdays, Thursdays or Saturdays at 10:00am. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, MyHotelShop, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your chic&basic Born Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chic And Basic Born Hotel
- Chic&Basic Born Hotel Barcelona, Catalonia
- Hotel Chic Basic Born