Quirky, clean, comfortable designer non-budget hotel in good position for old city. We paid c£110 per night for large room with balcony. Worth it. Friendly, helpful, English-speaking young staff. No restaurant but plenty of bars, cafes, restaurants (and the excellent Chocolate museum cafe) nearby. Free access to good range of coffees,teas and biscuits and internet in modernistic lounge. Good unobtrusive airconditioning in variably lit rooms. Comfortable, firm, double bed with good reading lights. Uncomplicated, efficient plumbing with integrated, visible, multi-lit shower (not for those shy of showering in view of room-mate).Small lift but rooms might be difficult for elderly and infirm given pooled lighting and internal steps. Only problem was an over-heavy, large window blind which jammed and remained unrepaired during our 3 night stay. Would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hotel that combines the traditional with the futuristic in a privileged environment: a building that is more than 100 years old with spectacular ceilings over seven metres high and spaces designed to surprise and enjoy. Its rooms, with an original glass shower in the room, are chameleon-like: you can change the colour depending on your mood. The passageways, full of enchantment and mystery, mutate with colour changes from the lights in the rooms. Enjoy our “Beyourself” and “Helpyourself” area in the common area where you can relax listening to music, reading any of our books or having a coffe, tea or water for free. Also, if you want to move about the city at your own pace, bicycles are available to rent. Once you try them, you won’t want to use any other transport in Barcelona. You can also enjoy our chic&basic tour, a two hour walk through Ciutat Vella in which we will mix history with some curiosities, as well as gastronomic and nightlife suggestions. Enjoy it on Tuesdays, Thursdays or Saturdays at 10:00am. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your chic&basic Born Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chic And Basic Born Hotel
- Chic&Basic Born Hotel Barcelona, Catalonia
- Hotel Chic Basic Born