We stayed at the Grand Hotel Central on July 13-16, 2014 and we absolutely loved it. The rooms are very nice with very comfortable beds, smallish rooms but well designed space wise and very good lighting (a rare thing these days in new hotel rooms). We had a 6'X5' shower … great luxury after 10 days of hiking in the country side and being used to 1'X1' showers (I'm slightly kidding but not much). The rooftop pool was a great gathering place for a swim & cocktails after a long day of sightseeing. Beautiful view of Barcelona from the pool and very good pool service. The downstairs restaurant was equally good food & convenient for my husband to catchup on work and he even conducted a business meeting that lasted 3hrs and the staff were very cooperative with anything he needed.
The hotel is BEAUTIFUL. Very well decorated & clean. Wifi is challenging but it has been challenging everywhere in Spain so maybe high speed internet is not a spanish thing.
Front desk is a bit slow but they really take care of you.
Location wise you cannot do better than this. 2 min walking distance from las Ramblas. 15 min walk to Picasso Museum, 15 min walk to waterfront. We never took a cab for anything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Hotel Central, a home in the heart of Barcelona where the amenities and luxuries of a five-star hotel are combined with a sense of style and elegance. The hotel has a perfect location between the Gothic district with its spectacular Cathedral or the ancient city walls and "el Born". 147 spacious rooms & suites with the best of modern design. Its very famous infinity pool, the Avalon Restaurant where the awarded Chef Ramon Freixa presents affordable cuisine to share with friends, the stylish the City Bar offering all day dining including salads, sandwiches and a wide cocktail menu surrounded by good music in a relaxing atmosphere, the Gallery our art space perfect for private events, the Wellness Suite with its carefully designed treatments, the Thermal Suite that offers a private steam and sauna experience, the well equipped Fitness Center, and a dedicated team who understands your specific requirements for any meeting or event in one of our multiples spaces... All creates a unique lifestyle and fashionable experience with a sense of elegance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Hotel Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Barcelona
- Grand Hotel Central Barcelona, Catalonia
- Grand Central Hotel Barcelona