This hotel may be small in size but it has everything which you could possibly want or need.
Best of all is the staff. They are friendly and go the extra mile for their guests.
We loved the roof top pool and and Sky Bar and hung out there just taking in the views both day and night. They also have a lobby bar that is accessible from the street and many locals patronize this cozy little bar. Again the staff were very accommodating and the drinks were delicious.
We were on a Breakfast plan and I must compliment the Chefs for the delicious food both hot and cold. It's a buffet and there is something there for everyone's taste. Eat breakfast here and you're good for the day! We are late night people so we would be the last in each morning for breakfast. In most places they would be rushing you and have a bad attitude because you were late. Not here, ..... the staff were just so accommodating and never once rushed us.
The front of the house staff are also very accommodating and would take time to explain to us directions or things we should know about the hotel.
Location Location Location. Not that we were buying but as the name states, "Central". From here you can walk just about anywhere which we did a lot of. It's an amazing city and if you're a Antoni Gaudi fan, you'll be super impressed. We save the Sagrada Familia for our last day and are glad we did. We were just blown away by the immensity of it all. I don't think I've ever spent an entire day walking around with my mouth open and my jaw dropping. A word of advise would be spend the extra few Euros and take a tour. If you don't, you could wait hours in line to get in unless you get up at the crack of dawn and wait in line then.
We visited different restaurants each night which was most enjoyable. Some sidewalk cafes but other very up market and just enjoyed the experience very much. It's so enjoyable to be able to go out to dinner at 11 PM and not be rushed. Then off to a nice club with beautiful music and then walk home taking in the sights. One of our favorite spots at sunset was the Bacardi Bar on top of the museum at the water front by the yacht club. Nice comfortable chairs and great service.
Grand Hotel Central has a very nice restaurant also, which is also where you have breakfast but for dinner it is much more formal. It is called A'valon Restaurant. We ate here on our last evening as we were taking a late flight on to Istanbul. Marvin was the Maitr'e D'Hotel and guided us through the menu and suggest certain dishes which were more of a local nature. Everything was again just delicious and as a hotel guest one received a 10% discount from the bill. Price was not over the top and I would have to say it was very good value for money. I had, "Our Cannelloni", which was fresh Cannelloni, stuffed with a lightly seasoned cod, with a Bechamel Sauce with Idiazabel Cheese. This was paired with a Spanish Sauvignon Blanc. Just the ticket for something light before an overnight flight to Turkey. :) I see on here several have complained about street noise plus noise from other rooms. We stayed on the 5th floor and I can honestly say we did not experience any disruptions what so ever. Our room was very nicely appointed with a view out over the city very similar to the view from the roof pool. It was clean and tidy and the bathroom was large plus had good water pressure. There was also an in room safe which is must for storing passports, money, etc.... . I can not say enough about just how nice and friendly the staff were. A great team and I would give them 5 stars all around. We will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Hotel Central, a home in the heart of Barcelona where the amenities and luxuries of a five-star hotel are combined with a sense of style and elegance. The hotel has a perfect location between the Gothic district with its spectacular Cathedral or the ancient city walls and "el Born". 147 spacious rooms & suites with the best of modern design. Its very famous infinity pool, the Avalon Restaurant where the awarded Chef Ramon Freixa presents affordable cuisine to share with friends, the stylish the City Bar offering all day dining including salads, sandwiches and a wide cocktail menu surrounded by good music in a relaxing atmosphere, the Gallery our art space perfect for private events, the Wellness Suite with its carefully designed treatments, the Thermal Suite that offers a private steam and sauna experience, the well equipped Fitness Center, and a dedicated team who understands your specific requirements for any meeting or event in one of our multiples spaces... All creates a unique lifestyle and fashionable experience with a sense of elegance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Splitty, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Hotel Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Barcelona
- Grand Hotel Central Barcelona, Catalonia
- Grand Central Hotel Barcelona