Lowest prices for your stay
$85
$72
Hotels.com$85
Expedia.com$85
Agoda.com$74
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 18, 2017

The hotel was well located for transport links and also for shops, restaurants. The hotel was also close to the hospital, in case whilst staying anyone needed it. It was very clean throughout and staff were very helpful. There was a hairdryer in the room if you needed one and the rooms were cleaned every day and towels changed, as well as complimentary toiletries I traveled alone but I felt very safe there. Breakfast was very nice, buffet style. Pool and Jacuzzi was also very nice. The hotel Is not in the central tourist area, which was nice, but it was close enough to be able to get anywhere in the city.

Reviewed July 16, 2017

The hotel is in the best part of the city, in the Eixample, but it’s a 10 minutes walk for the L5 underground. A hotel itself is really clean, the rooms also. There is cleaning service everyday. The rooms are amazing. For us the beds were really comfortable, the room itself wasn’t big, but it was enough for us. It’s IMPORTANT that there is NO FRIDGE in the rooms. The bathroom is also okay. The Wi-Fi is slow in the evenings.
The recepcionist are really kind. They helped us to find any transportation, places to eat or with any other personal needs. As I mentioned, there was no fridge, but we had some leftovers so we asked them to store it and they helped immediatelly. Even at 2 a.m.
It’s important to note that the hotel is built together with Hotel Aston. We have to go in that hotel if we want to have breakfast, over to use the pool. During breakfast you can use from various foods, I think it was a really good thing, but nothing was too tasty. The pool is really small, also as the jakuzzi, so these are not the advanteges of the hotel, but otherwise it was marvelous.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2017

Have just returned from 4 nights in this lovely hotel and was really pleased with my stay. My room was perfect for one, clean and comfortable and had hairdryer too. This is an ideal base to explore Barcelona, it is not situated in the busy tourist area and so is a lovely retreat after a day exploring. It is right next to the Hospital Clinic Metro so ideal for travelling very easily to all the places. The buffet breakfast was brilliant with a varied selection. Coming back after being out all day to the rooftop pool and Jacuzzi was bliss and the views from the roof are beautiful. Free wifi which worked straight away and was reliable...The staff were all friendly and helpful and being a solo traveller I felt very comfortable there.. I will definitely recommend this hotel and return in the future..

Room tip: I had a single room which was perfect for me
1  Thank skatiekatie2017
Reviewed June 7, 2017

You can say that the rooms are very small but I couldn't expect more from a 2 star hotel while being one of the cheapest in its area! One of the receptionists was kind enough to lend me the hotel's umbrella while it was raining and I really appreciated that!! I could sleep perfectly as well!! Also it is incredibly close to the Hospital Clinic metro station that you can simply walk a few metres straight and that's it!

Room tip: My room was quite small but comforable enough!
1  Thank Steven M
Reviewed May 30, 2017

I recently stayed in the Sunotel Junior with my friend and we did love our trip to Barcelona but the hotel wasn't the highlight of our trip.

Some positive points:

We had access to a rooftop pool (not big enough to swim in really though)
We also had access to a Jacuzzi (pigeons invade this for some reason)

The bed was comfy

The air con worked

The bathroom was practical

The maid service was fine

The metro station 'Hospital Clinic' was only 5 minutes walk away

free wifi which worked anywhere apart from the rooftop area

Bad points

2 of the electrical sockets didn't work

My lamp didn't work and just made a buzzing sound when you tried to turn it on

There is no real ventilation, the windows don't open up to outside but just to another interior set of windows which also don't seem to open.

Our room, room 11 was located right next door to a REALLY LOUD and clunky elevator and the noise did very much leak into our room.

There was also some building work seemingly going on from around 8am each morning which doesn't contribute to a nice holiday lie in.

No mini fridge or safety deposit box.

All in all it was ok, not horrendous but not amazing.

Don't go in room 11 if you are a light sleeper.

Room tip: Avoid rooms near the elevator
Date of stay: May 2017