“A great day in Barcelona”

Fat Tire Bike Tours Barcelona
More attraction details
Owner description: Whether traveling alone or with friends, our city bike tour is the perfect way to spend a half-day in Barcelona. Our tours offer you the company of a knowledgeable and entertaining native English-speaking guide, the use of a comfortable and easy to ride bike, useful tips and advice about what to do and see while in Barcelona, a fun and informative outdoor experience, a chance to meet other travelers and simply the best day of your time in Barcelona.
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This was our first full day in Barcelona and what a great way to get a flavour of the city. The cycling was pretty straight forward and we stopped several times for photographs and refreshments. We saw many of the major sights in the city and the guide was very informative in a friendly way. We stopped for lunch on the sea front before heading back to the shop. If you are visiting Barcelona this a superb way to get a feeling for this great city so I would recommend taking this tour as early into your visit as possible.

1  Thank Kevin M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,827)
All reviews
"history lesson"
in 18 reviews
"meeting point"
in 28 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 30 reviews
in 173 reviews
"pace"
in 105 reviews

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We only had two days in Barcelona and on the advice of a friend we decided to try Fat Tyre Bike Tours.
The guides were friendly, funny and informative.
I'm sure I learnt and experienced more in those few hours than I could have in a whole week of wandering on my own.

If you only do one tour in Barcelona, make it this one. :-)

1  Thank EdwardoSanchez
Reviewed December 1, 2012

My husband and I took this tour on Thanksgiving day with our two teenage kids. We all had a fabulous time! Our guide Steve struck a perfect balance between making sure we learned as much about the area and the people as possible, but still having loads of fun. The ride was mostly flat and very easy for all of us. The bikes were comfortable and in good condition. It was a very relaxing day and one we were sorry to see end. I would recommend this for all ages. It was a great way to see a lot of the city in a short period of time.

1  Thank TDurkin
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We did this tour towards the end of our stay in Barcelona, although I'd recommend doing it earlier in your trip. It's a fantastic way to get both an overview of the city, as well as a cultural and historical background which will give the rest of your stay some added richness and context. There's a lot of variety to what you'll see. Starting in the Medieval streets of the city, you'll end up going through major parks, plazas, and along the coast. The bikes were comfy, in good shape, and easy to use, making the four hours a breeze. Our guide Steve was very knowledgeable, entertaining, and did an excellent job navigating us safely through the city. The shop had a bathroom and a place to leave your bags, and everyone was very friendly. We had a small group and it ended up being a great way to meet other travelers when we stopped for drinks on the beach. Highly recommended!

2  Thank Lzimmy