I want to be fair as I am not one to write reviews but would like to set some expectations in regards to this Hotel. First and foremost it does offer a beautiful view of the water but is very far from the square and historic sites of Barcelona. It was referred to as the new city by the bartender and our taxi driver and indeed it is. Everything is ultramodern except the customer service.
The reception desk was flat out rude and ignored our request to check in at the Exceutive lounge upon our arrival as instructed by emails from the hotel. We were using points plus cash rewards and were told that we would need to pay an additional fee upon our arrival for the twin bed for our daughter. Wait , are we not using points and already paying a fee ?
The hotel is across from a mall and that is the only atrraction in the area. I think they cater to a business travler and not someone there for a holiday. No turn down service or leaving the lounge with a wine glass to enjoy in your room . We were ask to place our wine in a styrafoam cup! Ok if at the Holiday Inn but not standard for a four star hotel! I would choose something closer to the square and be sure that they apprecaite those travlers redeeming well earned loyalty points. Enjoy Barcelona!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only at a 10 minutes’ walk from the beach, the Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona offers stunning views of the sea and spectacular morning rising sun, the perfect place if you wish to enjoy a fun family beach holiday, to have a cultural city break in Barcelona or to spend an unforgettable romantic weekend in Catalonia’s capital. 25 minutes from the airport, conveniently served by the Tram and Metro to reach the city center in just a few stops, the hotel is also facing Diagonal Mar Shopping Centre, one of the biggest malls in Catalonia with 240 shops. Overlooking the Mediterranean Sea the hotel has 433 comfortable and spacious rooms of which 110 are newly renovated premium ones, styled in serene and calm tones inspired by nature, cooled with air conditioning and featured with flat screen LED TV, safe and minibar. In the 2nd floor takes place an urban oasis called Purobeach Barcelona which was voted one of the best beach clubs in the world by Conde Nast Traveler. It invites to spend the day at the pool and enjoy the sun on the sunbeds while having a nice cocktail or smoothie. In addition the possibility to enjoy a relaxing treatment at the Spa while listening to the unique Puro Music with the resident DJ’s, and having the opportunity to discover the M3 cuisine concept with influences of Miami, Marrakech and Melbourne. A modern well equipped fitness center completes the leisure facilitate of the hotel. The Hilton Indigo's restaurant serves also delicious International and Catalan food. The Pistaccio Lounge bar is the perfect place for cocktail lovers wishing to start or end their evening in a relaxed atmosphere or simply enjoy the complimentary WI-FI to plan their next visit. The guest staying at the Executive Rooms can enjoy access to the Executive Lounge, a spacious place to relax, read or use complimentary internet access, also as all day refreshments, breakfast, afternoon snacks and Liquor and wine selection in the evening. Fancying spectacular city and sea views from its 15th floor terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona Hotel Barcelona
- Hilton International Barcelona
- Hilton Barcelona
- Barcelona Hilton
- Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona Catalonia