“perfect”

Istanbul, Turkey
“perfect”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

nice hotel for barcelona,
the only problem is faraway from center,
personel is kindly
we didnt like wifw becasu its expensive
breakfest is very good,
ailece gidilecek güzel bir otel
şehire uzak olması dezavantaj

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Enrique A, General Manager at Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion. We are very happy to hear you had a wonderful stay at the hotel. I am sure that all your suggestions will help other guests to enjoy even more their stay in Barcelona.

It is true that Hilton Diagonal Mar is not located in the heart of Barcelona but the metro and bus can reach to the city center quite fast.

I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that we offer free internet service to all our Gold and Diamond Hilton Honnors members as one of their benefits. If you are already member you will upgrade your status adding nights to your account, if not I really invite you to become a member and to start getting points. You will find more information in our web.

Guest Services Dept.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (502)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Delhi
Reviewed March 10, 2013

The first attraction to chose this hotel is the sea view and the sea itself. The hotel is very close to the beach and is ideally located for a comfortable and peaceful stay. I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights during the Mobile World Congress and found it to be extremely convenient and practical. It has sea on one side and Diagonal Mar shopping mall on the other. It is in walking distance of Metro and Tram station and well connected to the entire Barcelona via the convenient transport options.

The rooms are well appointed and clean, although its not extra-ordinarily great. The only surprise was to see a small Gymnasium although it used to be barely frequented by guests. All in all, a convenient, practical and comfortable package.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion. I am happy to learn that you had a really nice stay in the hotel. I am sure that all your suggestions will help other guests to enjoy even more their stay in Barcelona.

Guest Service Department
Cheshire
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here recently for 3 nights whilst attending a conference at the nearby conference centre.
Positives : excellent staff, all v friendly and helpful. Superb breakfast, lots of choice. Spacious rooms, lovely toiletries.

Negatives : my non-smoking room smelt of smoke. The gym is tiny with many of the machines out of order. No free wifi in bedrooms.

I would recommend this hotel for business users but if you're on holiday I'm sure there are nicer hotels closer to the main attractions in Barcelona.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion. I am sure that all your suggestions will help other guests to enjoy even more their stay in Barcelona.

We are glad that you had a nice stay in your room. And we will take in consideration any other complaints you had, because thanks to our customer’s opinions we can improve each day more.

Banbury
Reviewed March 8, 2013

There was a booking problem in the original hotel I was due to stay at. the Hilton was contacted and they could not have been more welcoming and efficient. The room was very clean and large. he only niggle was that there is no access to real fresh air. the air con was working but did not get the room temperature down to the level I like.

This is a better than average Hilton Hotel and is situated very close to the sea and right opposite a large underground shopping complex. So if you don't want hotel food there are more restaurants over there catering for just about every taste.

Journey into Barcelona central takes about 15 minutes by taxi.

Although I did not have a problem, central Barcelona is rife with pickpockets, especially on La Rambla.

Room Tip: See if you can get an upgrade to an executive room. You then get access to the executive lounge with...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Hilton Diagonal Mar is a very beautiful new hotel with a very good location on the sea. I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights along with my wife and 9 year old son. We were appointed room number 2208 which was really spacious and nice with sea view. We were in Barcelona for a vacation and to attend a football match between barca and Real Madrid . The hotel is far from city center but if you don't mind, there is a metro station nearby which you can use to reach the city center n 15-20 minutes, and if you have never used the metro in Barcelona , I can tell you it is very nice and convenient. In front of the hotel there is a big shopping mall which is a plus for the hotel. The staff are very helpful and want to do everything possible to meet your needs. Breakfast is great aith big variety of food. I will recommend this hotel for anyone likes good size rooms with luxury even if it is away from the city center.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Enrique A, Director General at Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are glad to read you found the staff very helpful and you enjoyed with the Breakfast. Thank you very much for recommend us.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Myself and my husband stayed her for a few days in May 12. On check in I wasn't happy with the room we were allocated and the front desk team were wonderful in finding us a better room.

The hotel is new, nice, and pleasant. No complaints at all about accommodation.

It was a bit far out for us, in regards to the sight seeing trail, but also near to metro and blue sightseeing bus, so not awkard to reach, just a bit far. To be fair if the weather had of been better we may not have minded spending more time at the beach!,

My only real issue was with the food, we are vegan, but I did email weeks ahead to advise and ask if they could organize a nice meal for my husbands birthday. I even sent on a recipe for a vegan cake. I was assured this would be no problem.

So, it looks like the person who assured me was away on the week we arrived and didn't pass on the instructions., but we were told its not a problem at all. In short the worst and most expensive meal we had in Barcelona over the entire week we were there, we did get a cake the day after and a bottle of prosecco,, which was a nice gesture, but really once the moment is gone it is gone... I did say to them if nothing was organized, please just tell me, I would have rather just gone out and had a nice meal at anyone of the 10 vegan friendly restaurants in Barcelona rather than what we had.
The only other small thing was, one of the girls on reception we spoke to, in trying to find out if the meal was organized, gave the always great response of ... Oh.. vegan.. very difficult with a roll of the eyes... as I said.. Barcelona has no shortage of good vegan eateries.. so I am fairly confident we were not the only ones to ever go there.. and even so.. no need for the eye roll!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Enrique A, General Manager at Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion. We are very happy to hear you had a nice stay at the hotel.

On the other hand, we have considered all your comments like a constructive criticism and in this sense, I have to thank you for letting me know your concern and your point of view about your experience during your stay. Our commitment is to provide the best service, for this reason I feel sad knowing that we have not been able to fulfill your expectations.

The problems you have mentioned regarding the F&B have been brought to the attention of all our team members. I can assure you that I personally took the commitment of taking the relevant actions to make sure that our service corresponds with the Hilton standards of quality and hospitality which we consider is a basic tool for the full satisfaction of our guests. The Hilton standards and our team members aim to consistently deliver a professional and hospitable service to our customers because your satisfaction is our priority, so please accept my deepest apologies for the inconvenience that you suffered.

I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back to the hotel and offer you the high quality service that you expected and deserve.

Cyprus
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The location of the property is ideal. The beach front is just next to the hotel and shopping centre across the road. Ideal for leisure stays. They have in summer the tourist busses, hop-on and off that pass nearby, allowing you to visit the city throughout on a daily or multiple-day fair.
Useful, for mixing business with leisure a bit far from downtown- however, Taxis are reasonably priced and generally available just next to the hotel entrance). Port Olympic is not far with the casino and many quality restaurants offering local specialties...Over there black rice sea food paella highly recommended, looks odd but tastes great!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business