Stayed at this Hilton as part of a package the night before a cruise.
Typical of every Hilton I have ever stayed at- The price you pay is how you are treated. Period.
Our room was facing about 10 floors above a concert that went on until 1:30am, The concert featured blaring bass and drums. The front desk failed to warn us of this.
When I called the front desk at 11:30am for a room change, I was told by the very unsympathetic and rude front desk person that I should have booked my room well in advance. I told him, we did, six months in advance! Let's say he was for a loss of words but told me there were no room changes available as the hotel was fully booked but would send up "ear plugs"!!!!! When we checked out the next day I reviewed the situation with the front desk again with a very unsympathetic front desk lady, with no attention span and who really didn't care as our group was leaving and she felt she wouldn't see me again.
Otherwise, the room was very nice and large based on what we have found in Europe but highly recommend you skip this hotel based on our treatment, unless you are forced to stay because of a situation as mine, a prepaid group that you have no control over.
I am sure the hotel will respond to this review and tell me this was a one time occurrence. Right!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 10 minutes’ walking to the beach, the hotel offers stunning views of the sea and spectacular morning rising sun, the perfect place if you wish to enjoy a fun family beach holiday, to have a cultural city break in Barcelona or to spend an unforgettable romantic weekend in Catalonia’s capital. 25 minutes from the airport, conveniently served by public transports to reach the city center. The hotel is also faces Diagonal Mar Shopping Centre. 433 comfortable and spacious rooms of which 110 are newly renovated premium ones, styled in serene and calm tones inspired by nature, cooled with air conditioning and featured with flat screen LED TV, safe and minibar. The hotel is the home of Purobeach Barcelona - an urban oasis of happiness was voted one of the best beach clubs in the world by Conde Nast Traveler. A modern & completely new equipped fitness center completes the leisure facilitate of the hotel. The Indigo restaurant serves also delicious International and Catalan food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona Hotel Barcelona
- Hilton International Barcelona
- Hilton Barcelona
- Barcelona Hilton
- Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona Catalonia