“Delicious”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Israeli
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: La Rambla
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Located in the heart of Las Ramblas is a real surprise - a kosher restaurant with outstanding food and great service. While there is an extensive menu the tapas choices are limted to just a few, not the entire menu.
The result is fresh, very tasty and enjoyable food. We had the baked cod and potato tapas which was one of the best fish dishes I ever ate. The mushrooms were very good and the portions were large.

For the main course we limited our choices since we were leaving the City after a quite short stay.
The chicken paella was outstanding. The rice was spicy but very good and while the chicken was cooked and spiced nicely as well. i would love to eat this dish again.

Decor was great and the servers friendly. I can't wait to go back.

1  Thank njgramps
There are newer reviews for Restaurant Maccabi

Reviewed June 20, 2014

This is a restaurant on Las Ramblas. It is extremely fresh, varied menu, and delicious. It is a kosher restaurant if that is what you are looking for. For me it was probably the best in that area.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I was only in Barcelona for 3 days and went to delicas twice . Really good food but maccabi has the edge . I took some friends with who don't care about kashrut so I was really pleased when they thought maccabi was as good as any other restaurant in Barcelona . Great food and great wine . I took some tapas for my lunch the next day . Very good x

2  Thank Dids770
Reviewed June 16, 2014

After taking the Barcelona Jewish tour, the tour director suggested the Maccabi Restaurant on the Ramblas. Later we walked by the restaurant and talked with the owner, who explained the menu. The next day, we had lunch. It was one of the best meals of our 2 week tour of Spain. The cod was wonderful as was all the tapas. I am not Jewish but my partner is and agreed that the food on the top of the best food list. The food is kosher and ...it is just great food.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

It was great to find a Kosher restaurant in Barcelona. The food was very tasty, location perfect and the service excellent. The food was good value for money. Really enjoyed it and went back twice. Well worth the visit for anyone who keeps kosher.