“Great place great food...very fine 'cooking' with raw options”

El Cafe Blueproject
Reserve with
El Cafe Blueproject is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #932 of 9,585 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Cafe, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: El Born / La Ribera
Description: El café of the Blueprojectfoundation is 100% ORGANIC, vegetarian, vegan and Raw with food options for celiacs. Our chef Javier Medvedovsky will open a new world for you if you have never tried RAW Food...and after a good healthy meal you can visit the foundation's exhibitions of world known artists as well as new themes of our emerging artists.
Cascais
“Great place great food...very fine 'cooking' with raw options”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We discovered this place on happycow and it was another great tip! kind people serving super gourmet vegan food in a lovely atmosphere! We took the 3 course menu on a sunday for 17.00 euros including water...tasty and great presentation too!
at the same time its a foundation for artists with an exhibition space next door...so well eaten and money well worth spent!
Everything is organic!! Well done wishing you many many guests to enjoy this lovely place!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Globuli2012

Bucharest, Romania
“Great find!”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I loved my experience at El cafe Blueproject! I was the only person in the restaurant at the time of my visit and the waitress made sure she is giving me full attention. She is so nice and funny and made me feel very welcomed there! The two guys from the kitchen were lovely too - we even got to sing a song by Tribalistas together (one of my favorite bands after my 5 month experience in Portugal). The food was totally delicious: I recommend you to try the "Love sandwich" and their raisin raw bread - it's to die for! They also have a cool art gallery right next door (an inside door is shared with the gallery, so that you can move from one place to another) - do take your time to visit it!

But, I have to mention that the 3 nice people described above only work until 4 pm, after this time another team gets in charge of the place. Unfortunately my experience with them was not so good. I came back the next day to get a sandwich to go, but it was 7:35 pm by the time I managed to get the waitress' attention and she announced me that starting with 7:30 pm they did not take orders any more :( I felt bad, because actually I came in the restaurant a little bit earlier, but she was busy taking care of a large group that decided to call it a night. They were paying separately for what they had, so this increased the waiting time for me...and meant no "Love sandwich" on the morning of my flight back home!

Anyway, this bad side of the story did not manage to ruin the wonderful experience I had during the first day. I would go back there anytime! :)

Visited March 2014
Berkley, Michigan
“Delicious Vegan Food - Well Worth the Visit”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Our dinner meail at the Blueproject cafe exceeded our expectations.on all counts. Simple but elegant setting, a menu with multiple gourmet vegan and raw options, friendly service and the food - artful presentation and very tasty. Would go back again every time when visitng Barcelona!

• Visited December 2013
Perth, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful new cafe”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

My partner and I visited this cafe on its second day of service in october this year. The woman that served us was so polite and although there was a language barrier she made it her priority to ensure we understood everything on the menu. I am not sure there was a moment she didnt smile.
The food itself was like the art in the room next door, presented perfectly and tasted amazing. We visited twice in three days. On one day I had the sandwich which was my favorite and on the second I tried the pasta which was also lovely. The raw carrot cake must be tried!

• Visited October 2013