Having never been to Barcelona before we were looking for a safe neighborhood and hotel in an area where we could walk safely at night, near the metro, and with free wi-fi. We found it. The room (2 twin beds) was well-decorated - stylish, in fact. It had a little more room than many European hotels. The front desk staff was friendly and spoke English. We had a little problem with getting the TV to work properly, but they eventually got it going. When the blow dryer didn't work, they immediately brought a new one.
There are 2 metro stops nearby - Monumental (on the block), and Sagrada Familia (3 blocks away). Across the street is a pizza/fast food place open late, and a small cafe. Within a few blocks there are several options.
Would I stay here again? Yes, if I am looking for quiet and safe. If you want nightlife, head to Las Ramblas.
We booked on Priceline for about $110/night - which seemed reasonable for Barcelona, stayed 3 nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star Eurostars Monumental Hotel sits between the sites of The Sagrada Familia and the Agbar Tower, the two great vantage points of Barcelona's today and yesterday There are so many things we could say about The Sagrada Familia. That one day it will have 18 spires. That, of all the buildings under construction in Europe, it is the one that was first started. That it is the most visited monument in Catalonia. That, at the current pace, work will be finished by 2026. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Agoda, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Eurostars Monumental reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eurostars Gaudi Barcelona
- Eurostars Gaudi Hotel Barcelona
- Eurostars Monumental Barcelona, Catalonia