This is an apart hotel. Some very good features and some not. Was ok for us, but may not be suitable for other visitors. See below.
- very good customer service. I would say one of the best I've ever seen.
- very clean and maintained.
- very good location from sightseeing and dining out prospective - located just in the center. a walking distance from almost all points of itnerest in the central Barcelona. Also its good the hotel is not based on La Rambla (one of central streets in Barcelona, which is too crowdy, too 'tourist' and full of pickpocketers). The location is quite and there is a two corner shops one 10 m away from hotel, another 15m away. The location is in Latin quarter (not in Gothic area as some people write, though very close to it), which means not crowded. Few fantastic restaraunts around.
- the rooms are quite good like you would see in a decent 4* hotel, large (they've upgraded us to suite, which we really appreciate). Nice contemporary design plus old 18 century wooden beams left exposed. Kitchen is very useful for travelling with a kid.
- VERY low ceilings in some places. The main room had very high ceilings but bedroom, hall and the bathroom have them very low, while the doorways are extremely low. I've physically hit my head few times quite bad. I am 1,92m (6,3ft) tall and this was sort of an issue.
- Very slow internet connection. Wi-Fi is free but, it is powered by Telefonica, a local mobile provider and it is very slow and connects not always at once. It is so slow so you can forget about things like Youtube there for instance or graphic iPad apps. Ok for simple websites. Also the signal is quite week (we stayed on 3rd floor of 4), and it didn't work in all areas of the suite all time.
- No public areas. the hotel is very small only few rooms, so there is no restaraunt, bar, gym and etc. Corridors and elevator are very narrow. I've heard there is like a pool on the roof, but we obviously couldn't use it in January.
- The area. Though it is good location from walking prospective, a half a minute walk from large street called Via Laeitana, we couldn't look through the windows - the distance to other houses was just a bit over one meter. You also almost never see sunlight, so the room was always in a dark with curtains down. Was a bit annoying after few days like that. The areas and streets are quite dirty in that area, this isn't a tourist quarter but still seems like a place for cheaper accomodation and there are few bars on that street, which are very low profile.
Also the noise proof in rooms is low.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Mercer House Boria BCN reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boria Bcn Barcelona
- Boria Bcn Hotel Barcelona
- Mercer House Boria BCN Barcelona, Catalonia