“If your taxi can find it you will love it.”

Casa Camper Hotel Barcelona
Ranked #3 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“If your taxi can find it you will love it.”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

As others have mentioned, our cab driver had difficulty finding Casa Camper. He circled around for a while and eventually arrived at the entrance to the correct street. He didn't take us to the door; rather we wheeled our luggage down to the entrance, which wasn't far. (When we left, the front desk called a taxi for us, which was able to pull up directly outside.)

On arrival, one employee showed us around the lobby level and answered some of our questions while the person behind the front desk checked us in. The mod décor may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it delighted my wife. Having the sitting area across the hall from the bedroom/bathroom was a bit odd, but never presented a problem. The hallways were never busy enough that we saw other guests or staff when going from one room to another.

The toiletries were perfectly fine and the wifi was solid. Breakfast was simple and there was an ample variety of other snacks for other times of the day. We brought up some fruit and cheese for an afternoon nibble. Unfamiliar bathroom hardware can occasionally be challenging, but that was not the case here. The room windows were floor to ceiling glass and faced a green wall. This allowed plenty of light in the room while we were there, although not much in the way of actual blue sky.

What really makes the hotel shine are its staff. Everyone was unfailingly friendly and enthusiastic. People gave us directions, provided recommendations, and generally fell over themselves trying to help us. After we checked out, they were happy to keep our luggage locked away in a safe place so that we could spend the day in town before leaving for our next destination. The people more than anything were what made us love Casa Camper.

1 Thank tgm1116

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stayed here pre-cruise a couple of days at the end of May. There was a bit of a challenge with the taxi to the hotel (turns out not all cabs know you can actually drive down the street) so we did have to lug our copious amounts of luggage about a block down but no big deal.

We were pleasantly greeted and after check in got a small tour of the facilities and a run down on the area.

The room, for Europe, is one of the better ones I have found. No it's not North America but hey...guess what...you're not in North America. The rooms are large and well spaced. A little funky but it works. We had one of the rooms that had a separate sitting/living room on the other side but this worked out marvelously when we wanted to sit down with an al fresco lunch (and wine of course) and not force us to sit at a restaurant table or in the bedroom

It is located a short walk from the main square and transit as well as the "centre" of the tourist are - Las Ramblas. We were able to make this our jumping off point for all our trips over the next few days. The fact we could come back and have a small snack was great.

Breakfast was even better as the staff realized it was my birthday and surprised me with a b-day slice of cake. Very well appreciated and showed that they cared.

Owners please take note - your staff are amazing and it is they who make this the diamond that it is.

I would not hesitate to stay there again and will recommend it to all.

1 Thank HappyTravellerYVR
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed June 16, 2014

The location of Casa Camper is fantastic. Also, we received courteous help from the front desk staff. There are lots of great restaurants and tapas bars within walking distance from the hotel, including the Ballakana restaurant 2 minutes away (see restaurant review in TA) - fantastic food with great service. Our room was a suite, roomy and very comfortable. I was not too thrilled with the "red" decor, but it did not bother because of the great service I received and the fantastic location of the hotel. I recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank riverstone14
Washington, DC
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I have nothing but positive things to say about Casa Camper Hotel in Barcelona. It was easy to book, they answered all of my email questions (and I had a lot), our check-in was quick and gracious, the rooms were comfortable and clean, and the service was some of the best that my husband and I have ever experienced. We will stay here again the next time we are in Barcelona and would recommend it to anyone and every one.

Room Tip: the bedroom/bathroom faced a privacy courtyard full of plants. I don't think that there could be...
Llandudno, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2014

This was our first trip to Barcelona, so wanted a good hotel, and we really found one. From the minute, nothing was too much trouble, the staff are so helpful and friendly. Very modern but still comfortable and so relaxing. Breakfast was from 7 till 11 so no rush for breakfast, and snacks and soft drinks included all day, we used to take them up to the roof terrace. Position of hotel is really central. Would have no hesitation recommending Casa Camper and will certainly be back.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice and quiet
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Moscow
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Nice place to stay in Barcelona. A place with a special atmosphere, which makes you feel at home or among friends. Location is very convenient - about 5-7 minutes of walk from Plaza Spana, in walking distance from ramblas, cathedral and aguarium. The accomodation consits of two parts - bedroom and rest room - across the corridor. A great idea - snack bar around the clock. When you walk or ride around Barcelona, it is great to call in to have a cold drink or coffee. If you are not great eater, the snaks, salds and soup are quite enough for a light lunch. They offer bikes for rent, more expensive then you could rent in the street. but on the other hand you can come and leave during day, have a rest and then continue your journey, which is pretty convenient. The staff is always helpful and friendly. Breakfast is also very good. The hotel is not cheap but taking into account location, good service and snack bar (which helps to save your money) the hotel is a perfect choice for a stay in Barcelona. They also have a small gym for free, not a full scale - mostly cardio zone - but in any case, quite a pleasant experience.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank DimaPhantom
Bad Homburg, Germany
Reviewed June 15, 2014

There a not many hotel where I can say: „This stay was perfect from the beginning to the end.”. The Casa Camper Hotel is one of them.

I had to do a hotel change, because my other hotel was near a festival area. I don't have an idea why I did not immediately booked this hotel. The next time I know where to stay in Barcelona.

I arrived after a quick online booking and a short call at the hotel. I was warmly greeted and one of the staff explained me the breakfast area and the important things. My suite (No. 35) was not ready, because of my early arriving. But they kept my suitcase and brought it to my suite.

In the Afternoon I came back and got my room key and was brought to my suite. They gave me also a short instruction of my suite.

The suite was really nice. Most important for me was the noise. The hotel is just a few minutes from Las Ramblas, so I was a little bit afraid. The small street was quiet in comparison with the living Barcelona. Especially the part near the hotel. I slept very well. In the morning a rain shower head helped me to get fresh. The breakfast was also good. You can also have “Cook to order”. I didn’t try that. Loved more the fresh fruits and jamón (smoked ham).

Another great thing is the 24 hours snack area. It's good for a short snack or a complete lunch/dinner. More important for me was the mineral water and the juices.

Something that I really liked was the feeling that I was always welcome. The staff makes the difference. They tried everything, so that I had a great stay. They were always friendly and helpful. Small things, like the water bottle after check out, shows that they know how to treat guests.

Thank you Casa Camper Barcelona for the perfect stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo