“Could not fault this Hotel”

Casa Camper Hotel Barcelona
Ranked #2 of 515 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The staff have obviously been hand picked - they are superb. Our experience at Casa Camper was excellent. The staff remember names / make you feel as though you are special and cannot do enough for you. Location perfect - just off Rambla. The 24 hour snack bar was great - always had something to feed my 4 year old granddaughter (healthy options also) - it really made life easy.I highly recommend this Hotel.

Room Tip: they are all good.
3  Thank Lette44

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Nothing to complain of at this hotel. Superb staff who were helpful in every respect. They made it their business to help without being intrusive. As an example, I asksed one person to book a taxi for the train station the next morning for our journey to Madrid. The next day a different staff member immediately knew that we had a taxi booked, and where we were going. Nearly as efficient as a nurse's shift hand over on a hospital ward!

The room was great. The fact that you get a separate chill out room immediately opposite the bedroom/bathroom is a definitive plus. It means in effect getting a suite for the price of a room. Not sure why the reviewer who thought this a Problem thought so. It meant opening the door and walking just a few feet. Both rooms had a TV. The chill out room had a fab hammock. Plenty of space also.

Comfortable bed. Nice touch with the bathroom area overlooking the Vatican garden that runs up the whole side of the hotel.

Free snacks (decent ones...wraps, sandwiches, fruit, coffee, soft drinks) from mid day all day and night.

Free wi fi.

Great location as well. Just a short stroll off the top end of la rambla. But quiet despite that.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank yugs
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Indeed: from now on only this hotel when I visit Barcelona. Truly, I did my best trying to find anything at fault with this place, but I can't. The service is wonderful; the staff does anything they can to help and/or advise you. The reception area is quirky, modern, but highly functional. The same can be said for the rooms, since the rooms at the "street side" of the hotel are small, they decided to add them to the bedrooms, so you actually have a small separate livingroom across the hallway with an extra TV and a couch and a hammock. Also loved the "vertical garden".
The bedroom is designed in a most functional way: everything you need is there and the bed is very, very comfortable.
There is also a roofterrace where you can relax and have a drink.
The location is absolutely perfect and my advise is: rent a bike and explore Barcelona this way, it is absolutely perfect. Way quicker than any other kind of transportation and this way you see much more. You can rent them at the hotel or in the area (maybe a little cheaper, sorry guys!).
Finally: they have a small "take out" area where you can get anything you like. Drinks (non alcoholic) and serveral kinds of snacks (wraps, sandwiches, cake, chips, salads, etc.) In this area the included, fresh breakfast is also cooked to order. Great coffee; what can I say? As I said: look no further; this is THE hotel when you visit Barcelona!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed in this Hotel on arrival to Barcelona to kick off our 3 weeks Spanish trip. The location is unbeatable. The hotel is at a quiet side street, it only takes few minutes' walk to La Rambla and Placa Catalunya.Taxi ride to most the places of interest are within 10 Euro. Room is great, clean and tidy. Bed is very comfortable. The lounge opposite is a bit waste, not much use. It would be perfect if two rooms are merged into one room. Love the all time available snack bar. A little rest with free drinks and snacks after a long day walk is a real treat. We had a pleasant stay and surely will come back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank JWAC
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Before I book any accommodation, I always go to TripAdvisor to check for comments about the establishment. Casa Camper seemed to have great reviews, so I booked a 2 night stay. A week before we were due to arrive in Barcelona, I received a nice email from the staff asking to supply our eta "so we can anticipate your needs". I replied with our flight details and advised we had arranged a transfer to the hotel from the airport. Received a reply wanting to double check that I had booked this, as they didn't have any record of a transfer. I replied that I booked the transfer to and from the Hotel. Also stated that I had organised some tours in Barcelona and as I would be "in transit" it would be difficult to reconfirm that we would be taking the tours. The Casa Camper offered to reconfirm my bookings for me. What great service!!! If the hotel is as good as the "pre reservation service" it will be great. Stayed tuned!

2  Thank EngadineSydney
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is definitely one of my favorite " boutique hotel" ... unaffected staff, genuinely friendly, truly helpful at all levels you try them on....l
Ah yes .... Vertical applies to the Garden ...laid out in height ( you got to see it ) ....opening to a full bay window ... without shades ! Truly pleasant creative ways to open the space.... do not worry no one will pass by this private space as you take a shower... indeed private!
Great refreshments and snacks at all times and a great breakfast in a non traditional environment... This is A great introduction to Barcelona ' center.... among others right next to The contemporary Art Museum ....etc etc... hate to recommend it further ... as you may love it too !

Room Tip: Ask for a view !
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Grapeman1
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Loved this hotel. The strong red painted walls, shower without a door and spare room across the hall were all not my favourite things but the overall ambience, really friendly helpful staff, super clean rooms and fabulous breaky were ! The location was perfect, close to la ramblas, but not too close. I can't wait to come back. The staff and management are to be congratulated.