Casa Camper Hotel Barcelona
Catalonia Portal de l'Angel(Barcelona)
$308
$289
  • Pool
Salles Hotel Pere IV(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
$171
$166
Official Site
$219
$200
  • Pool
Hotel Praktik Bakery(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
$154
  • Bar/Lounge
$293
$246
Agoda.com
Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya(Barcelona)
$194
$162
  • Restaurant
$336
$258
  • Restaurant
H10 Marina Barcelona Hotel(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
$242
$216
  • Pool
Hesperia Sant Joan(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
$100
$90
$288
getaroom.com
1,991 results
All reviewsvertical gardenhonor barhour snacksmini loungesitting roomhonesty barmade to order breakfastfree snack barla ramblarooftop terraceunique hotelside streetyogurtcorner suiteliving areabottled waterrain shower
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 30, 2011

Hmmm, I am not sure how this brief review may fit in. While on a short business trip visiting Barcelona some days ago I fortuitously came across Casa Camper Hotel. I recalled someone had mentioned this place to me before and decided to walk in, check it out quickly- had a few spare minutes at the time. It seems that the lone bearded guy at the front whom I spoke with through a huge sliding glass had a different idea. He mentioned that it was not possible to have a quick look around and that rooms and lobby were for guest’s solely and private use. I insisted I wouldn’t like to book the place in the future without knowing it from inside but he dismissed me in a second and, with a frozen smile, shut the glass. And here comes my ultimate hospitality anecdote: two seconds later, while walking away from the pre-lobby area I stopped right by the street entrance and suddenly turned back just to find the same reception guy gesticulating at my back- do not know what reflex act made me do this; this guy stopped acting nasty the minute I turned around and pretended he had to attend to a phone call. I didn’t buy his rude gesturing. Nobody should. Beware while staying at Casa Camper that some staff seems to have very inhospitable manners. Not my piece of cake.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
33  Thank msabian
Reviewed March 29, 2011

I stayed here for 5 nights in March while attending a conference. I loved everything about this hotel. The design is great, the staff are terrific, the dual room system is fantastic, especially if you are travelling with someone else. The best thing is the free food all day. The breakfasts are excellent and good food is available at any time for snacks or light meals. Security is very good, which is important since the hotel is so close to Las Ramblas. Just terrific all round.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Sabahanne
Reviewed March 29, 2011

This hotel is currently rated number 2 out of 555 Barcelona hotels in the Tripadvisor popularity ratings, so it must appeal to a large number of travellers – but not for me. Quirky, hip and modern are previous reviewers’ description of this place, which is about right. I would say the hotel plays homage and testimony to….IKEA. Cheap furnishings and lighting albeit modern. A 24 hour [free] service bar is a good idea – especially for those on a budget or large families – but the choice is limited, which I guess is only to be expected for the very reasonable rates this place charges. However for me, the whole concept – including the lounge area each bedroom has (a separate room adjacent to your bedroom) is poorly conceived IMHO. A prime example of this was whilst trying to use my personal lounge space to work, I had nowhere by the large desk to plug my laptop or blackberry in unless I used the powerpoints behind the sofa. Doh! Why the lounge, complete with hammock?!! However, the location is excellent, just off of the Ramblas with many places to drink, eat and visit close by. BTW, the staff are extremely friendly and accommodating. So again, whilst this may appeal to many, it’s just not for me.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
6  Thank Malim27
Reviewed March 21, 2011

The staff were very welcoming and could not have done more to make sure our stay was pleasurable .
The breakfasts were excellent and freshly cooked .Ample snacks and soup were available as and when required .
The accommodation was very comfortable with every need catered for and cleanliness is obviously very important to the hotel .
An extraordinary vertical garden of aspidistras is unique and fascinating .
We certainly hope to return .

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed February 24, 2011

What a great surprise -- to find a completely original hotel that is not overburdened by trendiness. There are so many unusual features -- the 24-hour kitchen where, in place of a mini-bar in the room, there are always sandwiches and soup and yogurt and other good things. The staff truly is exceptional -- there's a personal warmth one doesn't feel elsewhere. The location couldn't be better, at least for us. A narrow charming street that leads into the plaza where Richard Meier's contemporary art museum stands; an excellent bakery and cafe on the corner; interesting streets on all sides . . . we will be back.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple