“Beautiful stand out hotel”
Review of B-Hotel

B-Hotel
Ranked #60 of 515 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed October 29, 2013

First impressions of this hotel did not disappoint. Reception was spotless as were rooms. Contemporary design was interesting though I did not like that the bathroom door did not fully close. B deluxe rooms were very spacious and the beds were huge and comfortable. It was reassuring to know that not only did you need a room key to access the lift, but you could only access the floor your room was on. The rooftop terrace was gorgeous as was the pool, and the view. We were however, disappointed that we were not allowed to access it after 7pm on our last night. Not really sure why this was. Reception staff were really friendly, and bar drinks prices reasonable. We only had 2 complaints. Firstly, no English tv channels!!!! Only bbc world news, which was a huge disappointment, as we did not stay out late, and usually like to watch tv at night when we return to the room. We have never had a problem with this in Europe in recent years. Secondly, room service/food options were not many, and none really to our taste, meaning we didn't eat at the hotel at all. We would return to this hotel, probably, if returning to Barcelona.

Room Tip: Balconies only really for smoking, corner rooms bigger but this doesn't make a huge difference.
2  Thank LouM46
Benjamin_Monti, Public Relations Manager at B-Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear Guest;

Thank you for being so thoughtful in giving your appreciation of the time spent with us.
We were touched to read your kind words towards B hotel and our staff; I am mostly pleased that you valued our Deluxe rooms. This room type provides 34 meters square of comfort and a lot of natural light. Since their location is in the corners of the building, it offers great views of the city. In order to keep our guest`s privacy while they`re in the bathroom, you can easily slide the rolling door till completely closes.

We are also delighted to know you could take advantage you our roof top terrace and it views; I kindly inform you that since the roof terrace bar is closed for the season, the timetable for visiting the roof is from 09H00 to 19H00.

I take the chance to let you know that we offer a several English spoken TV channels, including BBC World, Bloomberg, CNBC Europe, CNBC USA, Didal Global and CNN. We also offer TV channels in other languages like German, French, Chinese, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, Arabic and Hindi.

Regarding our room service menu I kindly inform you that we offer a selection of Cataluña`s finest typical products, for example Iberian ham platter, cured pork loin platter assorted of cheeses, Pan Tumaca, (bread with tomatoes and olive oil) salads, soups, fruits, chocolates etc. I truly regret if our selection was not of your taste; we appreciate to have your feedback since we are always concerned by the remarks of our guests.

We are truly happy to know that you will come back to B-Hotel during your next trip to Barcelona!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Just returned from a four night stay at the B-Hotel. Overall we enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel but there are a couple of things that I didn't like. I'll list the pros first.

Pros: Great location, right at a Metro stop and the Aerobus stop. Only three stops from the port and Las Ramblas.
Great service.
Fantastic Cava Sangrias at the bar.
A large selection of food for breakfast.
Our bed was huge.
Our room had a nice balcony where we enjoyed drinking a bottle of Cava everynight.
Large flat screen tv.

Cons: Our room faced the main street so it was very noisy.
There was not a light switch at the bathroom for the bathroom.
Our safe was in an inconvienent location.

Room Tip: If you don't mind the noise get a room ending in "9". They have a great balcony to sit...
2  Thank Raymond V

Dear guest,

Needless to say I was delighted to read your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us. I am mostly pleased that you appreciated our service and facilities, I’m also glad to know we were able to make your stay as pleasant as you describe it, especially the fact that you could take advantage of the balcony with its views to enjoy our typical bubbling; the Cava.

Regarding the noise you mention in the rooms facing the street, I kindly inform you that all our rooms have double panel windows which isolate sounds coming from outside. In case guests prefer calmness and tranquility we recommend our rooms facing the back courtyard; these rooms have peaceful views to the patio with its bamboo plants and no noises at all. I also take the chance to inform you that you can easily control the home automation system with in two control panels: next to the bathroom door and beside the bed; there you can turn on and off all the lights in the room so you can create your perfect atmosphere.

We are thrilled to know you can recommend our hotel to others, for us it’s an enormous compliment, and it makes us proud and encourages to improve in a better service every day.
Once again, thank you for your kind words, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back at the B hotel!

Sincerely yours

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I booked this hotel as a surprise weekend away for my boyfriend's 21st birthday - I was really worried about my decision as I don't normally choose hotels on my own and didn't know a lot about Barcelona, but after reading reviews I thought this would be a good choice.

On arrival we were told our room was ready which was brilliant as we were a couple of hours earlier than the assignment time. This meant we could put our bags in the room and go straight out exploring. The room was lovely, we were on the 4th floor so had a really nice view out of our window, I read previous reviews about it being noisy but we were facing the road and were absolutely fine.

PROS: stylish rooms, great views, literally the perfect location for exploring - walking distance to some places, La Rambla only a couple of stops on the metro, big shopping mall next door, free safe, lots of free toiletries, lovely rooftop bar and pool for relaxing after the bustle of the city

CONS: pool was very cold, breakfast overpriced (and average quality), poor check-in - wasn't given any info about the area such as a map or pointing out the metro etc, and wasn't even told were breakfast was.

We did have one issue whilst we were there - I initially booked without breakfast but had emailed the hotel requesting that we pay cash to add this onto our booking on arrival - which we did, no problems. However when it came to checking out, they tried to charge us again. It ended up a 20 minute ordeal as they had no record of us paying and I refused to pay again - but, all credit to the manager, she was really polite and in the end she let us leave without forking out again. The staff on check out dealt with us really well - however the lady that checked us in provided all round terrible service: charging us for something twice and not giving any helpful info about the hotel. So if you do pay anything on arrival - don't make our mistake, get a receipt.

That being said - this was just a minor blip at the end of our holiday - this hotel was absolutely perfect for us and made the holiday. Spot on for travelling around the city and then relaxing our tired legs in the rooftop pool in the early evening (with a yummy daiquiri)

Room Tip: Obviously higher rooms are better if you are wanting a view In terms of the 'privacy issue...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sam950

Dear guest:

Thank you very much for writing a comment regarding your stay at the B-hotel and share it with other travelers.

We are truly delighted to know that you liked our rooms, location, and views, for us is a great honor that you think our rooms are “lovely and stylish”

As you mention, we are glad to provide an early check in every time a room is available at guest`s arrival, even if is prior to check in time. We know that after a long trip is welcome to leave the bags, fresh up and go out to the city.

Regarding our breakfast I kindly inform you that we provide a large buffet including pasty, assortment of breads, different cured meats, fresh fruits and juices, hot food (scrambled eggs, bacon pizza, pasta, Spanish omelet etc.) also different kind of sandwiches and cheeses, among others. Our F&B department takes care of choosing only first quality products which are carefully prepared and offered every morning. I also inform you that its price it’s within other hotels in Barcelona.

Please accept my apologies for the incident with the breakfast payment; it was a misunderstood with our property management system, since it only issues a bill at check-out time. I’m glad to know this didn`t harm your stay.

I also take the chance to let you know that our front desk is open 24/7 and I and my colleagues are happy to assist guests with any enquire.

We hope to have the occasion to welcome you back at the B hotel so you can enjoy a “yummy daiquiri”

Reviewed October 19, 2013

From the moment of arrival I was greeted with amazing hospitality from Ceci at the front desk. She took great care in the arrival details of my other associates and gave top notch resturant reccomendations that everyone totally enjoyed and even details of the best spots to visit if only in town for a few days.

A hotel is just a hotel but a hotel with outstanding service will always be at the top of my list.

Thank you Ceci because of you we will be coming back to the B Hotel.

Room Tip: This is a great hotel the view from the pool on the 8th floor is breath taking. Ask for a room faci...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Benjamin_Monti, Public Relations Manager at B-Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Guest:

I read with great pleasure your posting on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us this month. Thank you kindly for being so generous with your comment regarding our “outstanding and amazing service”!; It’s one of the best compliments we have heard!
We are truly delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay among us specially your treatment with my colleague Ceci, be assured that your positive comments were shared with each member of the team having contributed to enhance your stay, especially her!

Thank you for placing the B-hotel at the top of your list, we hope to see you again!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Stayed for 6 nights in Oct 2013 as part of a large company event.

Good points:

Location; less than a block from Espanya metro station and next to the Arenas shopping mall which has an excellent supermarket in the basement. (Handy for pre-packed salads if you don't feel like eating anymore tapas or sandwiches).

Clean - in spite of some of the other reviewers' comments, we thought our room was very clean and comfortable though minimalist.

Excellent buffet breakfast

Bad points:

No iron - you CANNOT borrow an iron. Instead, you must pay Eu5 to have a business shirt done. Very annoying.

No kettle. No 24hour room service to obtain hot water. If you're awake at 2am and would like a cup of tea - bad luck.

If the hotel provided an iron and a kettle, we would return here. It's a shame, but these small - but basic requirements - are what makes a hotel service satisfying or not.

1  Thank Roslyn Y

Dear guest,

Thank you for being so thoughtful in giving your appreciation of the time you spent with us.

We are delighted to read your kind words towards B-hotel and to see that you enjoyed your stay amongst us.

We are truly delighted that you appreciated our location, breakfast and the cleanliness of the rooms, the Housekeeping Manager is very accurate in this point in particular in order to preserve hygiene standards.
I kindly inform you that for security reasons we don’t provide kettles and irons in the rooms, but we do offer laundry service; my housekeeping colleagues will be happy to assist guests with any item needed to be washed or ironed during laundry opening hours.
I also inform you that we are glad to offer complementary hot water in any of our F&B facilities. (breakfast area - lobby bar)
Lastly I would like to inform you that our reception and concierge desk is open 24/7 and our staff there is always available to help our guests.

Thank you again for your kind words; hope to have the pleasure of a return visit soon.

Your sincerely,

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Just spend an evening with group of friends. It was a perfect location to chill out and have some drinks, while watching the panoramic views of city around. Nice and ambient environment with soothing music and good hospitality.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Client:

I read with great pleasure your posting on TripAdvisor regarding your experience at the terrace. Thank you kindly for being so generous with your comments.
We are truly delighted to know that you enjoyed our cocktails at the pool! We definitely recommend going up in the terrace and enjoy its atmosphere and views.

I take the chance to inform you that our recently renovated B-Bar is also a great place to enjoy our drinks and tapas, in fact DJ sessions are taking place there with great live music. They’re announced on twitter and instagram, I invite you to follow us @bbarbarcelona.

Your sincerely,

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The B-hotel is nicely situated, although not in a very exciting area of Barcelona. It's design is nice to the eye, but the lighting in the rooms is bit to dark to my taste. Value is good, considering location, design vs price of the rooms.
The drain in the bathtub of my room was not working well, so after a five minute shower I was ankle deep in water; not very sanitary.
Main issue I have with this hotel is the wifi connection. The connection was slow, but more importantly it prompts you to re-login after each one or two minutes of not using it. The business traveler nowadays needs to be able to rely on a solid connection for multiple devices (smartphone and laptop). Why don't you hotel owners get it? If you're wifi is really good and easy, you will get all the business!
I would go there again, if they change the wifi.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Barbieluna
Benjamin_Monti, Public Relations Manager at B-Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear Guest:

First of all we would like to thank you for having chosen B-hotel for your recent trip to Barcelona.
Happy to see that you enjoyed our hotels architecture and that you appreciated our location, very convenient and close to public transport including buses and metro stations nearby; by using the metro guests can reach the city centre in seven minutes. We are also close to several museums and attractions like Joan Miró Fundation, Mies Van Der Rohe, MNAC, Museu d` Arqueologia, the Magic Fountain, Olympic Village with it stadiums and swimming pools. There’s also a wide offer of restaurants and bars near to the hotel since Arenas shopping centre is just 1 minute away.

Please accept my apologies for the incident with the drain, be aware that our front desk is open 24/7 and my maintenance colleagues are happy to assist guests in any issue. I hope this has not harmed your stay.

As you know we offer complementary high speed Wifi in the rooms and common areas, the connection is permanent and for the whole stay, it is strong enough to support all your devices connected at the same time. PCs and smart-phones stay always connected, but iPhones and iPads requests to log in the password once you have passed certain period of time without using the connection. I take the chance to inform you that we also provide complementary use of computers in our lobby and first floor.

Thank you again for your words.
We would be honored to welcoming you back at the B-hotel!