“Very happy with our choice!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of B-Hotel

B-Hotel
Ranked #65 of 522 Hotels in Barcelona
The Netherlands
“Very happy with our choice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2011

We stayed at this hotel 23jun-26jun2011.
A day before arrival I requested a twin bedded room in a quiet location....and that's what we got. No view either, but very quiet.
From the airport to Plaza Espanya we took the regular bus 46 (eur1.45 pp) wich has Plaza Espanya as the final destination...so nobody can go wrong here! You can also take the Aero-Bus, for eur5.30 pp it will take you there also (will save you about 10-15min).
Final destination of this bus is Plaza Catalunya.
If you arrive early at BCN Airport, you can buy a T10 ticket at the Tabacco shop or at the entrance of the trainstation (Renfe). This T10 ticket (wich you can use with more people) costs eur8.25 for 10x trips with metro or bus. Please note...T10 not valid on the Aero-Bus only for regular buses. Its a great and cheap way for exploring Barcelona...and so easy!

Location from B-hotel worked perfect for us. Next to Las Arenas shopping mall.
On the groundfloor of this mall you can find several breakfast/coffee places.
We loved the bakery called "Enriche", good coffee and fantastic croissants and sandwiches. We didn't take the breakfast in the hotel (eur14). Please note...if you arrive at the hotel you can get a eur5 pp discount for breakfast..but ONLY when you arrange this at check-in!! Small children will pay half the price from the adults.
Several restaurants close to the hotel (we liked Tapa Tapa) and with the metro you are 3 stops away from Plaza Catalunya&Ramblas area.

The big bonus is the swimmingpool! It's great to jump in a pool after a long day of sightseeing in the busy and hot city.
It was also nice to have a drink there with some nibbles, before going to dinner.

The Negatives:

Its difficult to get in the (deep) bath (very high step) and I can imagine that this would be a problem for older people or anyone who has physical problems. As the shower is also in the bath, this could be a problem too.

It was not possible to leave a small bed lamp turned on during the night...its all on or all off.
So, we had to leave the bathroom light on during the night...no big deal.

No rooms available in this hotel for a family of four people! The maximum in one room is 3people.
This time I stayed here with my daughter, but as there are no inter-connecting rooms either, I would have to stay in another hotel if I want to come back to Barcelona with the rest of my family. Two separate rooms is no option for us as we have small children.

Room Tip: quiet rooms have no view (at the back)
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Andreajaja

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2011

Last night I stayed there someone plied open the zipper of my suitcase and took away all the cash I put there. More shocking is my friend put his money in the room safe and those were stolen too. It must be an insider's job as there was no signs of breaking in and who'd have master key to the safe ? And they do it just before you depart so you won't have time to make a fuss.

• Stayed June 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Patrick430
Slvia_Nadal, Manager at B-Hotel, responded to this review, June 28, 2011
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for having chosen the B-Hotel during your recent stay in Barcelona.

As I mentioned on the email I directly sent to your friend last week, I very much regret that your experience at B-Hotel was not entirely satisfactory.

As explained you on the day you notified us your suitcase was forced, on the registry entries to your room, it did only appeared your oom Key, so during the during the period that you said someone allegedly forced your suitcase, no one else entered the room.

Regarding the money you are suggesting that was stolen from your collegues safe box, I inform you that our housekeepers do not know the master code, making it impossible for anyone to steal anything from your safe box, without this being forced.

I am really sorry for not having being able to help more in this situation, but I hope you’ll understand that we did our best to cooperate with you at your departure.

Remaining at your entire disposal I wish you an excellent day.

Yours sincerely,

Sílvia Nadal
Manager B-Hotel
Brighton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

One of the reason we booked this hotel was that it was stated as 'gay-friendly' (http://www.barcelona.com/hotels/b_hotel). We booked a double room direct over the hotel website.

On arriving the receptionist asked if I had meant to book a double room. I said that we had and then she went on to say that they only had twin rooms! We said we weren't very happy with that and they told us there was nothing they could do about it as they were fully booked that night. They said that they might be able to move the two beds together the following day. We pointed out that they were fully booked and with that one of the bookings, which we had made 3 weeks previously, was ours! Eventually they agreed to give us a double room which was immediately available so was this just homophobic behaviour? I can cope with homophobic behaviour having had to for most of my life, however, we booked into a hotel that is showing on a Barcelona website as 'gay-friendly'!!! It couldn't have been more unpleasant and ruined the start of a four day holiday.

One of the receptionists who had been most unpleasant to us on arrival then couldn't have been more pleasant when we went to book out. Was she just pleased to see us go?

What a pity. I am very respectful of people's views and beliefs and that is why we booked into a 'gay-friendly' hotel. Why state it if you aren't though?

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BrightonFiona
Slvia_Nadal, Manager at B-Hotel, responded to this review, June 28, 2011
Dear guest,

Let me show my disagreement with your previous comment!
The B-Hotel is a gay friendly hotel; for us all the guests are equally important, whatever their sexual orientation.
Excuse my ignorance but I fail to understand the relationship between not having a room with a double bed available and being not gay friendly.
I Inform you that our website clearly indicates that we will do our best to satisfy the requests of our customers in terms of bed type preferences but cannot guarantee it until the check-in time (in your case we finally made ​​an upgrade to a Superior Room to offer you a room with double bed).
I very much regret that you did not enjoy your stay at the B-Hotel and hope you'll give us a second opportunity to demonstrate you that the B-HOTEL IS A GAYFRIENDLY HOTEL.

Silvia Nadal
Manager B-Hotel
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2011

Stayed 5 nights and loved this hotel. Staff were helpful and friendly. Area was nice and quiet; about 30 min walk to the city centre. You could get the metro a couple of stops to the centre either, the stop was across the road from the hotel and it was only 1.45eur for a single journey. The pool on the roof was lovely and had a fantastic view. Rooms were comfortable and our double bed was massive. Hotel was maybe a little pricey but was well worth it!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2011

This place rocks. Everything about our expeience was awsome! The staff was amazing. There was nothing we needed. That they dd not attend to. The location and the place was so rich in everything

• Stayed May 2011
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2011

B is for Beautiful!! Quite possibly one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. Very modern and lovely ambience when you come out of the elevator (lights come on in a warm way). Only thing here is when you do step out, there is a grass-like smell which some people may not like. Internet Wi-Fi access was a tad too slow for our liking. Beds were comfortable, no loud noise, the view was off the main street, I think it was called Gran Via, but if you look towards Placa Espanya, it's a better one so if you can, ask for a view of the front of the hotel. Very close in proximity to Espanya station and the new shopping mall. Go to the top of the mall and you can see your friends at the hotel sitting by the rooftop pool! I'd say the pool is a tad bit small though but nevertheless, view is wonderful. I was a bit disappointed that we didn't have complimentary water bottles or shower caps. Safe deposit box was easy to operate but beware of the "battery low" sign. The bathroom and bedroom are separated by a sheet of glass but they have a blind that can be operated in the bathroom only. Great idea!! Would avoid breakfast though as there wasn't much on offer for how much they were asking. My tip would be to get some supplies from the supermarket at the new mall or visit a beautiful bakery called Enrich in the same shopping mall - best croissants ever! Getting a bit off-track here, but I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank janita23
Aarschot, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2011

Well second time in Barcelona and read a lot of reviews on Tripadvisor before booking the hotel. B-hotel seemed like the best pick looking at price and quality. Well it sure is a good price over quality deal.
Booked 3 rooms for 3 nights. Everything went great with the reservation. I actually lost the email and with a simple mail to the hotel they mailed me my confirmation again. I checked in late which wasn't a problem at all. They even knew my name when I walked into the lobby. But I guess I was the last one checking in that day. ;) But it felt special.
The rooms are spacious enough for hotelrooms in a city like Barcelona. Big beds but the mattress could have been better, details details.
The only downside of the room is the fact that it is starting to wear down. Not that there was anything broken but it shows that this hotel is popular. So in a year or two from now the better refurbish the rooms or the quality might go down rapidly.
The view from the rooms on the back sucks big time but for as little as 20 euro you can get a corner room with a nice view. Just a tip : go for the 20 euro extra it's worth it.
The roomtop pool is amazing although the weather didn't allow me to jump in. But if weather does permit it you'll have an amazing swim here.
Used taxi's a lot and they were always nicely been taking care of by the receptiondesk.
Breakfast is good, plenty of choice and fresh. Nothing to remark here.
The
So in general. A great hotel for a short stay in the city. Nothing shocking just a nice and neat hotel with not a lot of downsides.
Enjoy!

Room Tip: Corner room
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends