“Good food - poor treatment”
Review of Carpe Diem

Carpe Diem
Ranked #48 of 807 Nightlife in Barcelona
More attraction details
Owner description: CDLC in Barcelona is the finest club in Spain and one of the best in the world. Enjoy its wonderful food and drinks at its exclusive restaurant and beach club or experience the sexy and stylish night at the best club atmosphere.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had a 9 PM reservation for the terrace - outside. I made sure we did that because I wanted to be able to let the kids run on the beach. Sounded like a great plan. Have some good food and drinks, hang out a bit and let the kids run around where we could see them. We got a little lost. 15 min late and the host tried to seat us inside. I told him my reservation was outside. He told me it was at 8:30 so I was late. I was getting ready to call the concierge when the woman with the clipboard and the headset behind him corrected him. Defeated, he gave us a little hole in the corner where we couldn't see the beach. There was a table up front that was open when we came and open when we left.

The food was actually very good but the service was slow. That's fine except towards the end, my friend the host came up and asked if I could leave. They needed the table. Like he had been doing me a favor the whole time.

I wasn't dressed for the party,
I guess. I was nice to him, but wouldn't go back. I guess I didn't have the look and they didn't want us around.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Seeing the atmosphere from outside it was really welcoming. We looked at the menu and the ladies on the entrance gave us the feeling either we decide to go in or we leave .... As it was crowded, we decided to go in. They took us to a table, after some minutes the lady came and told us to change our table again. The lady brought us only the wine menu and as we asked for non alcoholic drinks, she was not really happy. The food was nothing special but very very expensive. The staff was not friendly, and they give you the feeling that you have to consume alcohol. So if you are non alcoholic better dont go there.
I would never go back to this place even though you are welcomed by ladies who look like model. Its just a big show!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

This was a lovely restaurant, great food lovely wine and a great atmosphere. The restaurant is decorated beautifully, with each dish presented differently in beautifully decorated pots and dishes. However I did back my main (duck) as it wasnt cooked to my liking but they were quite happy to do so. The entertainment was good with a live band which made you want to get up and party afterwards.

After we enjoyed our meal and it was time to go we did feel abit rushed our waiter didnt even say good bye he just picked up our money and went onto the next table. But I would still go back to this restaurant, it just needs a tad bit of improvement on the service!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

10 of us went for dinner here on a Saturday night! The bar and restaurant itself are beautiful and the décor and atmosphere are good.
The food though was shockingly bad! We all ordered our food and it had arrived within 5 minutes so ? how much was freshly cooked our starters and main courses were all put on the table together! Don't have the Moroccan tagine it is bland and tasteless, I said to the manager and asked if he had tasted it and he agreed that he did not like it either! Prawn curry was soggy prawns and only 2 out of our 10 meals were edible! Waiters were rude once we had complained!
They did give us some free drinks vouchers once we complained but this was supposed to be a highlight of our weekend!
Would say if you are going for a drink and dancing then great but if going for food then don't waste your time or money!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 6, 2013

If you're in Barcelona you have to go to CDLC it is for me one of the best places in Barcelona !
I went there with my girlfriend and we were amased by the service and the warm welcome given by the waiters. We took several cocktails, which by the way ware amazing. I ate a filet mignon and my girlfriend a tuna teryaki both amazing the meat was perfect but you should try the tuna. We were afterwards kindly asked to go to the bar because many people were waiting for a table and got each offered a glass of champagne for the disturbance. We waited until the restaurant became a club. Great atmosphere and great music. Be sure to go there if you are in Barcelona.