Hotel 1898
  • Fitness center
$123
$116
  • Pool
Casa Camper Hotel Barcelona(Barcelona)
$373
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Granvia(Barcelona)
$242
$210
$337
$314
  • Pool
Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya(Barcelona)
$149
$437
$424
  • Restaurant
4,785 results
All reviewsrooftop poolla ramblabasement spatobacco companyclassic roomsuperior roomsauna and steam roomprivilege roompillow menutapasperfect locationside streetprivate terracestreet noisegothic quarterthe heart of the citysmall balcony
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a weekend in March. Very impressive decor, helpful staff checking in. Room 406 was reasonable size and more then comfortable. Best bits was the location , literally walk out onto the La Rambla which is centre of it all and the rooftop pool and bar area. Fantastic views over this incredible city !!
I would have given them 5 stars but my partner left his sunglasses in the room, we obviously offered to pay whatever it cost to have them returned but they did say we needed to arrange courier which is obviously doubly hard sorting from the UK. Little things like this are the difference between 4 and 5 * hotel.
Other then this though very pleased with our choice !

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cassie19851985
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We recently spent four nights in this hotel. The staff were very friendly and pleasant, the buffet breakfast was first class and our room was kept spotless by an excellent chambermaid. Wouldn't hesitate to use this hotel again on my next visit.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cheftalia
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Perfect holiday for my wife and I.
Full use of Spa facilities after Cava Bar/Tapas hoping, shopping and site seeing within an arms reach. Sending me a complimentary bottle of Brut for my un-announced birthday was a real treat. The Deluxe rooms with a patio balcony are a worthy treat if you want more space outside of your room. Overall a great experience

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Andre Joseph B
Nuria G, Director General at Hotel 1898, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Guest,

First at all thank you for choosing us for celebrating a special moment like your birthday - it was a pleasure for us to welcoming you with a small present.

We are glad that you could enjoy the city but most at all that you could enjoy your stay with us!

Look forward to welcoming you again at the H1898.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 29, 2014

The overall experience was great, reception personal were helpful and responded to any question, want to thank them all especially Victor.
The room was great and always clean, i enjoyed my stay to the maximum.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Adib A

Dear Guest,

We are pleased to learn that you have had a great stay at our hotel and we take the chance to thank you for your very high reviews about us.

We are very proud of the team and it is always pleasing to receive such kind words as yours. We constantly endeavor to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always rewarding to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am happy that they were helpful and and responded your entire question and I am especially thrilled that Victor assisted you during your time with us. I shall ensure that all of your kind feedback and praise are passed on to Victor and the team and that their service is duly noted.

We would be more than glad to welcoming you again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 29, 2014

have been in Barcelona many times, this is one of the best located hotels just off the ramblas. Reception is lovely, there's a relaxed bar area. (however note that on the ramblas there is a lot of petty theft, so keep your wallet/bag in a safe at the hotel). rooms were not very big but well appointed. When I opened my window I could see over rooftops down to the sea (I think I was room 620)

Room Tip: Try to get a room over 6th floor (don't know how many floors there are) and to the back of the hotel so you can see over the other buildlings
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time and sharing your high opinion about us.

We are happy to read that you find our hotel as one of the best located hotels.

We would like to remind that we have 6 rooms’ categories, all different between them and with different size in order to make satisfy all ours guest’s expectative. If you would care to mention that you would prefer a larger room when next making a booking with us, we will allocate a more spacious room.

Look forward to welcoming you again at the H1898.

Kind regards