“good value for money”

Ranked #354 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
london
“good value for money”
Reviewed January 30, 2010

Had little problem finding the hotel but once found was ok. down a side street off the las ramblas really good location. close to everything, the reception area was ok, but walking up to the rooms for the first time was a bit scarey as it was so dark and a bit dowdy. once passed the hallway it was nice and bright, found the room was really ok what we paid for, had everything you need apart from a fridge.We stayed bed and breakfast we didn't know what to expect it was cakes and a vending machines of hot drinks but that was ok as we enjoyed the cakes!!!
overall i think if you want somewhere cheap to stay that is nice i would stay here again good value for the location .

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Newcastle upon Tyne
Reviewed November 19, 2009

My 20 year old son,his girlfriend and myself stayed at this hotel for 2 nights to go to a Rammstein concert. The hotel was just finishing facia restoration when we arrived.Our rooms were spotless and quite adequate for a few nights stay.Breakfast was not included but a free hot drinks machine operates in the corridor in the morning (along with some wrapped doughnuts if you were desperate).The hotel was close to the Ramblas and the red light district (and all the sad people who inhabit it)--walking the wrong way down the street is not recommended.If you cant take this then go to Disneyland instead of Barcelona.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
England
Reviewed November 2, 2009

Although Aneto Hotel has a central location, it is on the wrong side of Las Ramblas in a very dark & dodgy street & covered in scaffolding. Three men attempted to mug us only a few yards from the hotel, even though we were carrying no bags, & we were lucky to escape injury.
The 'lobby' was manned by staff with a 'couldn't care less' attitude & the entrance to the actual hotel was off a dark staircase in a 'down at heel' appartment block.
The rooms were clean but the walls were paper thin &, with many of the other guests being EXTREMELY loud, it was impossible to sleep. We also had to put up with the clunking of the drinks machine, which was situated right outside our door, all night.
Breakfast was coffee from the vending machine & cellophane wrapped biscuits & cakes!
We left after the first night. I certainly didn't feel safe there & would never go back.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Barcelona hotels

bristol,uk
Reviewed November 1, 2009

Hotel Aneto is 50 meters off Las Ramblas, down a dirty narrow street that has most buildings boarded up, only the knife shop and the gun shop open during the day. The hotel is no more than one floor of an apartment block that has been converted into cells. The walls are so thin you can hear every word spoken in most nearby rooms and you can certainly hear all toilet visits and bowel movements.We had to fend off a mugging attempt outside the hotel at 11:30 on the first night and then listen to the guy in the next room on the loo all night. The continental breakfast is a free vend coffee machine and a tray of dried up pasteries. We paid 67 Euros a night for four nights, but after the first night we left and booked into a Four star hotel just off Placia de Catalunya for only 99 euros.
a night. Take my advise and steer well clear.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Sale
Reviewed October 27, 2009

I stayed here last week and found the hotel to be perfectly adequate, without being spectacular. The hotel is still being rennovated so there is scaffolding on the front but I did not have a room at the front so it was of no consequence, to me. My room was on the small side but had ample storage space and a TV but without English channels but I didn't go to Barcelona to watch TV. The only issue I had was that the bed was a bit squeaky but after a long day sightseeing and a few cold Estrella's I had no trouble sleeping. There was no bathroom in my room but I had a key to my own, private bathroom no more than 5 yards down the hallway. Previous reports, regarding the lift, were correct. It was built around 1900, I reckon! Overall, if I was staying in Barcelona for a week then I would probably chose another, slightly more comfortable hotel but for a couple of nights, as it was, last week and with it's location just 100 yards from Las Ramblas, I would quite happily stay there again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed October 7, 2009

Always looking for the best value, I read the reviews for this hotel and thought I'd give it a try. It was rated a 1 star and it is a 1 star hotel. There is only a small dreary lobby with check-in desk. You have to carry your luggage up a flight of stairs to get to an elevator that barely holds 1 person and 1 bag. The path to our room was lined with laundry bags to be washed. Our room had a bathroom which was clean, but many of the rooms shared the bathroom. Two twin beds were flanked by 1950's end tables on bare floors.

The room was clean, but if you want anything more, this is probably not the place for you.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Fresno, Ca.
Reviewed September 8, 2009

The Aneto is clean and in a very central location but other then that it is not somewhere I would stay again. The rooms are what you would expect at a hostile and there was a man jack hammering outside my bedroom till 8pm. I paid 88 euros for this room, which seems much overpriced considering we stayed at the Hotel Casanova for the following days of our trip, for 120 euros.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends