I am used to 4 or 5 star hotels and Hotel Constanza is, I understand, rated 2 star. It should be 4/5. It is close to the Metro and the major city centre (Placa Catalunya ) - where incidentally the Aerobus for the airport leaves and departs (return Euro 10.20). Don't be afraid to walk from here to the Hotel. I am the basic 'scaredy cat' but I can tell you, it is easy. Just go out of your comfort zone and give it a try. We found it very safe and relaxed to walk about to/from the Hotel.The staff were friendly and helpful, the accommodation wonderful, the rooftop area a quiet place for a drink ( good Sangria) with some Tapas. Next door is a 'neighbourhood friendly bar/ restaurant' Bruc 33, 'down the road' are bakeries, pharmacy, a place to buy stamps (tobacconist ), cafés and convenience stores as well as the metro. I even noticed a bus stop to take people to a major shopping centre or discount outlet. It was peaceful and yet so close to everything. We used the 10 trip Metro ticket to get about though generally we walked. Distances between blocks are quite small in Barcelona compared to say Melb city. Three blocks in Barcelona would barely be equal to one block in an Australian capital city.
The staff at the Hotel were helpful and like others in Barcelona seemed to enjoy being with the tourists and were happy to help with the language ( with a smile and a laugh) rather than as in other places 'with a snarl'. We loved the location, the accommodation, the people and our only regret is that we had to leave!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- PERFECT LOCATION IN THE HEART OF BARCELONAThe hotel Constanza is located in the Eixample district in the centre of Barcelona. It offers modern, contemporary decor and has its own restaurant, "Bruc 33 Tapas".The Bruc 33 Tapas restaurant next to the hotel offers excellent quality, including a range of creative "Tapas". A varied breakfast buffet offers the possibility of special menus for groups; private rooms can also be hired for parties and events.Our friendly staff are always available in the bright, spacious reception area to help you organize excursions and reservations and make your stay as pleasant as possible.Welcome to our designer lounge...the deep leather and velvet sofas, generously proportioned spaces and subtle lighting provide an intimate atmosphere where you can really relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Constanza Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Constanza Hotel Barcelona
- Hotel Constanza Barcelona Catalonia