We stayed in Hotel Constanza for 2 nights in December with my family. We took the short train ride from the airport to Passeig de Gracia and it was about a 15 minute walk from there. We were greeted by friendly hotel staff on arrival who were very helpful. We were able to check-in straight away even though we were quite early.
We had suite rooms as they were the only ones available at the time of booking and they were great value for money. Our rooms were on the 2nd floor. They were very modern and spacious, the beds were comfy and the bathrooms were big with a massive walk-in shower. There was a TV, safe, air-con and hairdryer in the room. Our room had a small terrace which faced the external courtyard (which would have been lovely if it had been warmer!). My parents room had a lovely balcony opening out to the main road. It wasn't noisy though.
The location of the hotel is great. There are lots of beautiful attractions within walking distance including the Casa Batllo and the Arc de Triomf. The start of Las Ramblas is about a 10-15 minute walk away and there's lots of small cafes and restaurants close by. There is a metro stop very close to take you further afield.
Breakfast was not included with our room. However, it is available at 20 euros per person. We chose to eat there on the morning of our departure to save time. I wouldn't recommend it. It was far too expensive for what you got - bread, ham, cheese and cereal. There are much better cafes close by which we went to the day before.
FYI we ended up having to get a taxi to the airport on the way back. The hotel staff booked on for us and it arrived within literally seconds. Took about 25mins and cost about 35 euros.
Overall I would stay in Hotel Constanza again. Great location, nice rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- PERFECT LOCATION IN THE HEART OF BARCELONAThe hotel Constanza is located in the Eixample district in the centre of Barcelona. It offers modern, contemporary decor and has its own restaurant, "Bruc 33 Tapas".The Bruc 33 Tapas restaurant next to the hotel offers excellent quality, including a range of creative "Tapas". A varied breakfast buffet offers the possibility of special menus for groups; private rooms can also be hired for parties and events.Our friendly staff are always available in the bright, spacious reception area to help you organize excursions and reservations and make your stay as pleasant as possible.Welcome to our designer lounge...the deep leather and velvet sofas, generously proportioned spaces and subtle lighting provide an intimate atmosphere where you can really relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Constanza Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Constanza Hotel Barcelona
- Hotel Constanza Barcelona Catalonia