“GreaT location; Excellent choice” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel SB Icaria Barcelona

Hotel SB Icaria Barcelona
Ranked #218 of 522 Hotels in Barcelona
Gatineau, Canada
“GreaT location; Excellent choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Great hotel. We stayed at the Icaria for 2 nights in September and we found it was an excellent location and the staff was great. The hotel arranged an airport pick up for us and was also very helpful in providing directions for visiting around Barcelona. The outside pool area was very nice. We hope to come back again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ramon A, Director General at Hotel SB Icaria Barcelona, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Louise G,

Thanks for sharing your Icaria Barcelona Hotel experience.
Looking forward to welcoming you back at our hotel.

Best regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Zagreb, Grad Zagreb, Croatia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Will be short. Hotel is close (some 500m from famous Arts Hotel Barcelona). Some 200m from the beach, marina and restaurants.
Staff is very very very friendly. They even moved us to room that is closer to router when we asked about wifi which is FREE by the way.
Some 50m from the HoHo station (RED LINE). We recommend to buy the voucher at the hotel reception.
Walking distance from Gotic quarter (some 30 minutes of slow walk)
Rooms are small, but very clean and you need them for sleeping only so it fulfilled the purpose. Jacuzzi and small pool on the backside for refreshing.
In one work, we are definetly coming back.

p.s. don't take the breakfast there since there are some better places around just few steps away. I recommend "Elias bakery" when you go right from hotel.

Room Tip: If you need internet, ask at reception to put you closer to router. Also ask for room watching the p...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kreso C
Ramon A, General Manager at Hotel SB Icaria Barcelona, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Kreso C,
Thanks for your positive comments about our team that encourage us to go further in order to exceed our guests expectations.
It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you back again on your next visit to Barcelona.
Kindest regards.
Ramon A.
derbyshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

quiet location on surburban road just one road in from beach . short bus ride from city centre, metro station about 10 minutes walk or half an hours walk along the seafront to bottom end of las ramblas area. It has an outdoor pool and jacuzzi which is hard to come by in barcelona also was one of the only hoteld we could find that did bed and breakfast rate . Breakfast included both hot and cold items, although my husband would have liked more choice on cereals and fruit. The beach area had lots of choice in restaurants and looked like it had been redeveloped for the olympics. Rooms were your standard size nothing out of the ordinary. Avoid anything out of the mini bar my husband ate a chocolate bar that cost us 4 euros the receptionist was embrassed to charge us such a ridiculous price for one. if I had the time I would have nipped to the shop to replace it . Would stay here again but not touch the mini bar things like that do leave you feeling annoyed

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Where shall I start? The room was very small, not the size you expect from a 4-star hotel; more a 3-star. The bathroom was ok, but I had no space to put my toiletries. The table just was too small. The drainage of water was very bad; the sink was full within seconds only. There is wood on the floors; which is great, but one should have thought about the noise that wooden floors will cause. I could exactly hear when my neighbour was awake and what she was doing in the bathroom. Although I am not that very tall, my bed was very small. I had problems with making myself comfortable.
I had very poor wireless in my room. I complained about it and they gave me a cable saying that the hotel was full and therefore the internet connection was bad. The cable didn't help, I still had bad connection. I could not work during my stay.
Breakfast: Not much choise. Most of it is meat. They do have good donuts though.
I did not want to go anywhere else for dinner. When I went to the restaurant of the hotel they told me that it was Sunday and therefore it was easy food day. Meaning: Hamburgers, french fries, salads etc.
My room-card was de-activated by everything it got in touch with. Mobile phones; credit cards etc. Every day I had to go to the reception to re-activate my card.
The only thing I liked is the staff. They are very nice and try to help whenever they can. Unfortunately this is not enough to stay once again in this hotel. I will not come back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank SelviS84
Saint Nicolas, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Nice public areas and free use of a (quite large) swimming pool, fitness room and sauna is a bonus!
The hotel rooms have thin walls and our badroom had some ants in it and damaged doorframes.
The rest of the room was spasious and clean.
The breakfast is ok for a 4 * hotel but the scrambled eggs tasted like the were re-heated from the day before.
The thing that ennoyed me a lot is that we were not informed bij the receptionist nor by the brochure in the hotelroom that breakfast is served at a later time on public holidays. I find it quite amateurish that wrong information is printed in their one booklet!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
First of all thank you for your feed back that helps us to improve our service.

We will consider your comments and we will revise our procedures to guarantee this important information about changes on breakfast timetables on holydays will we always properly transmit to all our guests.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused to you.

Thanks for your understanding.
Falkirk. Scotland.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were here for a long week end in September. The hotel is in a good location, about a 5 minute walk down to the marina where you will find a good selection of restaurants and pubs.
Their is also a McDonalds that you can stop at on the way home from the marina.
You can walk all the way along to the centre in around 30 minutes.
The hotel is in a mainly residential area. The hotel is clean and tidy with helpfull staff on the front desk, The breakfast is buffet style with a decent choice. There is also a fairly small pool area to relax at. The room was faily small but in good order.

Room Tip: Pick a room a higher floor to get away from the traffic, Not that the traffic is that bad though.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SB-Icaria, Director General at Hotel SB Icaria Barcelona, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words that I’ll be glad to extend to all of our team. Your feedback it is really important for us.
We are glad that you enjoyed your break at Icaria Barcelona Hotel and hope to see you soon back.

Best regards.
Lillehammer
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

The location is excellent both for the beach and for sightseeing.
Good food. Friendly staff.
Close to underground, tram and sightseeingbuses (3 lines hop on hop off)
On the beach there were many good restaurants.
The city is ful of sites worth seeing.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple