We were greeted by Monika who sat us down with a map and kindly pointed out all the best areas of the city to visit and relevant attractions. All members of staff were friendly and spoke good English, we were very grateful for this as our Catalan is very little.
Our room overlooked the main road with a small balcony; the traffic noise was considerable late into the evening, so take earplugs. The room was clean enough, however although the bedding looked clean it did not smell fresh and upon inspection it was clear the duvet was in need of washing or replacement. The bedding was not changed during our 7 night stay.
The en-suite bathroom was small with little room around the WC which faced the wall. The sliding door to the en-suite did not run smoothly and made quite a noise when opening and closing. There was plenty of hot water from the shower, but the head needed de-scaling and also leaked. Towels, liquid soap and a hairdryer were provided.
The furniture in the room was basic. Free WiFi was available but no TV. No fridge was provided in the room.
Breakfast was included in our tariff, this was basic continental style of one croissant each, a piece of french stick each, margarine & jam, coffee and juice. We chose to eat in one of the many local cafes after the first day for something tastier and variety. The breakfast room/lounge was pleasant enough with large ornate windows and attractive plaster work moulding on the ceilings.
The Hostal is well located for the Metro stations Tetuan and Girona and buses. Buy a T10 travel ticket costing 9.80Euros for ten journeys which can be used for metro, bus and tram (where applicable). Many places of interest can be reached on foot from the Hostal but the Metro is fast and simple to use for further exploration.
Barcelona is a vibrant, busy, interesting city, you will do much walking so make sure you take comfortable footwear.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- this is a really nice hostal, in a modernist building, walkind distance all the sighseens in barcelona, we will help you to have a nice stay in Barcelona. Rooms with air conditionair, heat, nice beds, and all information maps, cleaning everyday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hostal Central Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostal Central Barcelona Hotel Barcelona
- Hostal Central Barcelona Catalonia