Hostal Central Barcelona is great! When we arrived our room wasn't ready (we got there pretty early in the morning) so the manager got out the Barcelona map and showed us where to go and where not to go. He explained the metro and bus routes and even gave us some tips on saving money.
The common room is nice and sunny with a constant supply of fruit, water, tea, and coffee.
We were in a triple with a bathroom just outside the door. The room was plenty big with wondeful plaster work on the ceiling. All the rooms preserve the original beautiful elements of the building. The room was very clean as was the bathroom. Both were cleaned daily and we were given fresh towels as well.
Our room faced the street with a little balcony. With the door shut the street noise was barely noticeable.
The neighborhood is great! 15 minute walk to Las Ramblas or La Sagrada Familia. Supermarket, restaurants, shops, etc. all within a few blocks.
You get a key to the front door, a key to your floor, and a key to your room. Reception is only staffed from 9a-midnight but you can come and go as you please. No lock out. However, this is not a party hostel. It is a residential building and respect should be given.
Would definitely stay here the next time I'm in Barcelona!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- this is a really nice hostal, in a modernist building, walkind distance all the sighseens in barcelona, we will help you to have a nice stay in Barcelona. Rooms with air conditionair, heat, nice beds, and all information maps, cleaning everyday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Hostal Central Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostal Central Barcelona Hotel Barcelona
- Hostal Central Barcelona Catalonia