See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I have been with my husband 5 nights and the place is very central, and clean, it has been reformed and looks all new. Maps, information, they help me to find all the list of the places in Barcelona. Coffe and tea free. We have a problem to get to the airport because it was a big strike, and receptionist help me to find the taxi to go to the airport. Barcelona is great!!, we love it!!. very clean and every night clean the streets with water!!. I will recomend this place to anybody.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank marie b
Reviewed March 21, 2012

First of all I have to write that staff is fantastic in this place - very helpful and nice. I've booked a triple room with shared bathroom but just a day before it came out that I cann't go to Barcelona.Monica advised me to change the reservation and prepared for my husband and my daughter a nice double room with private bathroom. She brought him a kettle to make some hot water for the baby and adivsed him about activities in Barcelona. She even allowed them to check out few hour later as our daughter was sleeping. Nice place!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 29, 2011

We stayed in a triple room with a balcony and street view. It was very small and basic but since we only spent the nights there, it was alright. The staff was helpful and we had wifi in the room. Metro station is close and location is good (residential area). Downsides: floor was not cleaned every day and the breakfast was the same every morning. But there are many cafes/restaurants nearby for dinner.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank lrmrfr
Reviewed November 20, 2011

This is a pleasant hostel, with private baths available. The building dates from the early 1900s, with high ceilings, elegant tiles, and an art noveau entryway. The people who run the hostel are very helpful and pleasant. The location on Diputacio is very good -- close to a Metro station, and walking distance to the heart of Barcelona. There is another, more recently established hostel by the same name; should not be confused with this one.

Room Tip: Rooms on the same floor as the office are up only one flight of steps. There is a tiny elevator up to the other floors.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Recently travelled to Barcelona and had a great stay at HCB. Clean and comfortable rooms with air con (which was really nice in June!) It had everything we wanted except breakfast (apparently the kitchen was broken). However, it is really easy to find a cheap breakfast in Barcelona, so it wasn't a problem.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple