All reviews great location las ramblas sun deck facing the street airport shuttle small gym breakfast included basic hotel tapas air con rooftop pool twin beds spoke good english yogurt catalunya square reception staff casa batllo
Reviewed May 17, 2018

We were booked in here for one night stay before our Cruise from Barcelona Port. A lovely hotel on the Rambalas within a host of shops, cafe's and food joints. Wifi was included. Also had luggage room when we had to check out but were not getting picked up until late the evening for port.

Date of stay: June 2017
OnixHotels, Director Comercial at Onix Rambla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2018

Dear Mrs Adele,

Thank you very much for your kind review.

We are delighted to read that you had a very pleasant stay and enjoyed the services that are in the area where the Hotel is.
We would love to welcome you back!
Regards

Reviewed May 7, 2018

We were a group of 11 of various ages 25 to 55. Visiting this beautiful city for a short stay. There is no publi area to congregate and after we gathered in the room to take fotos and yes chat may have been louder than the normal chat of normal room occupancy of 2-3 guests as soon as reception contacted us at 2pm the “noise” stopped soley due to us leaving to join our private yacht charter. At 8.40 that evening I received a threatening complaint from booking.com on behalf of the hotel quote I was not complying with hotel policy and police would be called with charge” in connection to the noise earlier that day. May I also add I resided in room I was allocated on check in 103 on no occasion did hotel staff contact or speak to me prior to receiving this email? The c cleaner may not understand the language of guests but a tip - a smile is universal and would serve this hotel well. Towels changed daily and rooms spotless. The roof top terrace does not permit juices water or food for consumption- this we also adhered to and left the area as we found it - spotless & our rubbish bagged. If your looking for cool drink you go go up and down the 6 floors as often as you may to buy juice from the little takeaway next door, drink and eat on the street and return to the 6th floor if like us you have a late evening flight but are no longer considered a guest

Room tip: Away from reception on higher floor
Trip type: Traveled with friends
OnixHotels, Director General at Onix Rambla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2018

Dear Junia,
As I commented to your friend below, I´m sorry that your stay at the Onix Rambla wasn´t of your satisfaction. If you might I would like to reply to your comments: your party was invited from the reception staff to lower the voice indeed, we were receiving many complains from other guests, we do understand the joy of a hen party but we need to consider and respect other people around us. As per the swimming pool area unfortunately we don´t allow drinks especially alcohol, not to mention the inappropriate behavior of some ladies from the party. For this reason I don´t think is correct to keep posting negative comments about the rudeness and impoliteness of our staff.

Reviewed May 7, 2018 via mobile

The hotel has spacious rooms and good location. The staff are rude and unhelpful: they must have forgotten that they work in the tourism industry which requires guests to keep them in a job!! Complaint followed up by a threat of police action from the noise of a few girls playing music and chatting in there own room DURING the daytime, no louder than the noise from the street during DAY/NIGHT!! The cleaner was so rude she should work out of sight of guests if she can’t be civilised.
The joke of a pool that you can’t consume food or drink in the area so if you need water you need to go back to your room absolute joke I’ve never heard anything like it from a hotel. Also after checking out an paying the minibars at reception they have now went into my bank account and taken money without my permission or awareness what it’s for, they shouldn’t be keeping customers bank details!!!!
Disappointed after the good reviews we read about this hotel, But I would say to anyone travelling here not to book as you will not be made to feel welcome that’s exactly how we felt.

Dear Ashley,

Reviewed May 7, 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for a long weekend with a group of girls. The hotel is in a good location and is clean however, most of the staff were not friendly to say the least, in particular the maid and reception stafff.
One time we made noise because we all congregated in one room and we were cautioned with police action which is EXTREMELY harsh (note there is no bar area and you are also not allowed food or drink on the rooftop so extremely limited for a communal place).
On our last day we were out sightseeing then came back to the hotel (had a late return flight) and we sat up on the rooftop only to be told by the hotel staff that as we were not physically staying over night at the hotel we are not considered “guests” anymore. This is the first time I have ever come across such policy, having been on countless holidays abroad especially Spain.
Complete lack of care and respect for guests let’s this hotel down.

Dear Sarah,

Reviewed May 7, 2018 via mobile

The hotel in itself is absolutely beautiful, however we arrived a party of 11 and spent just under £2000 in accommodation between us. The staff in the hotel were extremely unfriendly and took every opportunity to be rude to us, they refused to put us on the same floor and split us all up between 3 floors. Their degrading attitude made us feel extremely uncomfortable entering the reception area as they told us to be quiet at every opportunity whether we were talking or laughing. We were in the room getting ready for the main night of the hen night when the male from reception came up to the room to complain about the noise, and then sent an extremely ill mannered email to the mother of the bride stating police would be involved if the noise persisted, baring in mind it was on one occasion we were all in the room.

The maid was extremely rude and un helpful failing to provide fresh towels or toilet roll during our 3 night stay until we had to ask for some. She tutting at you for walking along the floor that she had just clean, baring in mind it was the only walk way to the reception, she refused to allow you to go down the stairs if she was in the process of cleaning and would watch your feet as you walked over the floors. Her attitude was appalling and took every opportunity to complain about anyone in the party.

There was smells of cannabis coming from both the 1st and 2nd floor of the hotel which we did not complain about, there was a rowdy group of boys making noise from their room which again we did not complain about. The treatment from the hotel is outrageous considering the amount of money we spent in accomodation.

I have never stayed in a hotel less accommodating than the Onix Ramblas, we had a full day to spare on our last day until our flight home and we were informed we were not allowed to use the roof top terrace or pool area as we “were no longer guests” of the hotel, which is unheard of in a European hotel.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, as you are not allowed to talk, laugh or frankly even breath without the hotel complaining.