“Pleasantly Surprised!”

Ranked #326 of 512 Hotels in Barcelona
London, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly Surprised!”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Before my stay, I was reading the reviews and I felt a bit put off by the complaints about not getting soap or internet service. BUT, from check in to check out, it was great. No complaints. The room is small, but in tourist countries like these, I expect the rooms to be small. As long as it's clean and renovated, I'm fine with it. The room was spotless and the bathroom was very clean. I felt comfortable. Internet worked fine. The service at the front desk was great as well. If we had any questions they were there to help. The hotel is located close to Hospital Clinic Metro on L5, about 7-10 min walk. It's not right around the corner, but it's decently close. It was easy to get around from the hotel. I'd recommend this hotel for a visit to Barcelona.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The hotel is located on a side street outside of all the action. It has a very modern feel on the inside and was overall a good stay. The value I paid for two nights was average (could have probably found something a little cheaper), but the bed and room were comfortable. Two quirks I had, though: 1) the A/C wasn't working when the temperature became warm in mid-April, 2) the housekeeper threw away my bar of soap and did not leave a replacement. Fortunately I had my own soap, so I didn't have to beg the front desk (as another review had to do). There was a large window that faced a playground in the back, so it was a pleasant awakening with light and happy children playing in the yard. It is several blocks to a Metro station and a little further from some of the bars and clubs.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2013

The hotel was fine- room good, modern and quiet( just a shame about the thoughtless people who decide to have a loud conversation late at night in the corridor).

Ate in the hotel one night and again food fine and good value. Hotel was a little bit away from the main sights but 5 minutes away from the metro and some decent restaurants close by. Not sure the breakfast was worth the extra 10 euros.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank FSMorecambe
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I payed relatively large amount for an extremely tiny room (although advertised for 2 guests). Every evening I had to beg the reception person (not a very friendly guy) for soap and shampoo. He explained to me that he gives me shampoo as a "gift", but all other hotels I ever stayed just have the cleaning crew leave them in the room. I was surprised to hear that I needed a "gift" after I payed more than 1000 euros for the whole stay. I don't recommend this hotel: it's also not very close to the touristic areas of Barcelona.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Rzeszow, Poland
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Pretty much everything went smoothly at checkin, staff was professionally polite. Large, bright and clean rooms. Secure underground parking, requires some skills since it is rather tight. Breakfast was good with enough choices. Free and working internet connection. Very close to metro stop.
The area itself is not very interesting, to visit anything or do some shopping you need to use metro.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Chris C
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Can't really say anything great or anything terrible about the place. Good things: away from La Rambla and the craze, lots of great great restaurants within a half ile walk, rooms are clean and modern. Not so good things: The walls are super thin, we heard our neighbor snoring and the staff wasn't very friendly. Not that they were UN friendly, just kind if there. If you can get a good rate, worth it.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Stayed the hotel from April 28 to April 30.
First: even though we mentioned it was our first time in Barcelona, no map or city info was offered. (very poor service)
Second: Internet didn't work in the room, contacted reception, nothing was done until we left the hotel.
Third: On our last night, we were having breakfast at the hotel restaurant, they made us move from our table, and we were seated at a table close to the buffet. My bag was at the chair as I stood up to get food, and was STOLEN. No one saw anything, the waiters or any of the staff. There is no security guard at the hotel entrance and obviously they don't control their door...

The worse was the lack of service and support provided to solve my problem, they basically sent me to the police to file a report... offer change for the metro or a cab that work with the hotel to take me there... no... their option was to walk 40 minutes to the next HSBC to try to get some money withdrawn from my bank account...

I was very upset and they showed no service. To have an idea, the manager didn't introduced herself to me, not even talked to me.

I don't recommend this hotel.... rooms any hotel have, but service is priceless... they should not be in the business, and as a person who have dedicated over 10 years of my life working with customer service, I felt ashamed to have such people working in the business.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple