“Good hotel for bussines trips”

Hotel Zenit Borrell
Ranked #324 of 512 Hotels in Barcelona
Vigo, Spain
“Good hotel for bussines trips”
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Being an usual bussines traveller, I'm used to that kind of impersonal hotels.
When I was told I was going to stay in Zenit Borrel was not really happy about ubication, cause the area where the hotel is isn't really a place full of amenities...
But I was surprised.
The room was big enough for me, nothing to complain.
Bathroom ok, with free amenities (NH hotels should learn of Zenit)...
Free wifi.
Ubication was better from what I thought, it has a near tube station, and there are some nice restaurants around to have dinner.
So, good hotel, will repeat in next trips.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed October 29, 2011

We stayed at the Zenit Borrell hotel for 7 nights in August and had a wonderful time.

Situated 5 mins from Hospital Clinic metro station, you do not have far to walk from the station to the hotel.

We had a room on the second floor, which was very nice, if not a little on the small side. Bed was incredibly comfortable, so much so, I asked for the manufacturers name (may consider changing my own bed). Room was clean and bathroom a decent size. Not a complaint, but it would have been nice to have tea/coffee making facilities provided in the room. Also a list showing available TV channels and numbers would have been helpful.

Did not use the restaurant as there were so many fantastic restaurants nearby and we wanted to try as many as possible during our stay. There is a supermarket on the corner of the street, which sells everything you could possible want (including very reasonable priced chilled Cava) and an amazing bakery 2 mins from the hotel, where you can get pastries to die for.

Staff were very helpful. On arrival, I requested an iron and ironing board, which was brought up to our room within minutes. We also had a problem with a damp/mould patch on the bathroom ceiling, which I think was caused by pipe work or leak from the floor above. The hotel was fully booked, but staff dealt with this issue quickly and efficiently (placed a vent cover over unsightly area), which we were happy with.

There is free Wi Fi throughout the hotel, with a decent bandwidth, enabling us to check emails and book trips throughout our stay.

All in all, a fabulous stay. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to others.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Kavála, Kavala, Greece
Reviewed October 26, 2011

its a very nice hotel a bit far from centre.but very quiet, clean and the stuff very helpfull.the man in the reception booked us tickets for flamengo show.metro was 3 min from hotel.cheap market next to it.the room was very good.certainly coming back

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam
Reviewed October 23, 2011

This hotel in Eixample is conveniently located near the metro Hospital Clinic. I stayed here with my 6-year-old daughter who was happy to find they had Disney Channel on tv. Our room was well-sized but still quite small. Unfortunately there were no coffee and tea making facilities and no iron and ironboard for clothes. The location was quiet, but ventilation-system was noisy despite the fact that I turned it off. Buffet breakfast was ok, not plenty to choose from. When asking for tea I only got a small jug, which was just enough for one cup. Not really satisfying and the taste of the Barcelona-tapwater they used to make tea with wasn't my cup of tea literally. I paid €307 for three nights including breakfast, but I think it's a reasonable price for a clean, quiet and conveniantly located hotel. It could have been a three star hotel, because of the above mentioned lack of facilities. When in Barcelona, don't hesitate to use the metro. We bought the 10-rides card for €8,65 and the system is clear and fast. Stay away from La Rambla. Instead go explore other nice spots like Rambla de Catalunya. I used the Time Out Barcelona app on my phone that I found to be great!! Would love to go back, but will choose another hotel in this nice and safe area!

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank TheTravellingFamily
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 3, 2011

One of the best thing about Zenit is its location. Sure, it's not in the hot spots like Las Ramblas, but it's nice to be a few Metro spots away from the busy areas and relax in a quieter neighborhood. The Metro station is about 5 minute walk away and it's a straight line to the Barcelona sants station, which is on the same line to Camp Nou and Sagrada Familiaria.

Aside from the location, the room was small but nice and the beds are comfy. Might want to call in advance to ask for an extra pillow though as the one that they provided in my room was really low. But no worries there, rectified easily. Overall a good place for tourist to stay, particularly if you'd like to stay out of the beaten track.

• Stayed October 2011
Melbourne
Reviewed September 2, 2011

The hotel is modern and in a good location if you want to get away from the busy end. The staff were pleasant enough, however, the rooms are not sound proofed very well. We were woken on multiple occasions by people moving chairs or dropping things in the middle of the night. Not to mention the group of young guys coming home drunk and yelling and screaming in the hallway.

We checked out early and moved to a hotel down the road.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Nepean
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Good hotel. Modern decor. Approx. 5 euro taxi ride from Las Ramblas. We avoided staying at Las Ramblas area because it is very noisy. Be very, very careful in Las Ramblas. I was pick-pocketed whilst my wallet was in my front pocket. A lady splashed bottled water on back on my head. As I turned to see what was going on, 2 men ran into me. Before I knew what was going on, my wallet was gone! Take minimal amount of money and do whatever you can not to attract the attention of these crooks. Some of the cab drivers are crooks too-they charge more than meter shows! As a result I was not impressed with Barcelona and will avoid it in future.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family