Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
An absolute must-do for Barcelona

We absolutely loved this tour, and it was all thanks to Ross! His liveliness and enthusiasm for the... read more

Reviewed December 17, 2019
catterflyworx
Johannesburg, South Africa
Recommend Runner Bean Tours!

Kudos to our guide, Ross, who showed us an interesting side of Barcelona at night. I don't have a... read more

Reviewed November 30, 2019
Scenic181462

Recommended experiences in and around Barcelona
from $17.04
from $58.23
from $14.61
from $84.00
More Info
All reviews spanish inquisition dark history el born guide ross runner beans a lot of fun fantastic guide interesting stories props torture gruesome storyteller audience
Selected filters
Reviewed November 11, 2016

I was initially skeptical about taking a paid night time tour. However, within the first 5 minutes I was glad I did. Lorna was incredibly knowledgeable and incredibly funny. The 2 hour tour was action packed - we had play acting, quizes, trivia, urban legends and of course a dark/heavy dose of history.
If you have an unplanned evening in Barcelona - definitely recommend this tour - You'll get done just in time for Dinner and then can also go on an enjoy the Barcelona nightlife.

Date of experience: November 2016
1  Thank sparsh89
Sputrip, Owner at Dark Past Night Walking Tour, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2016

Hi Sparsh,

Thank you so much for the fantastic feedback. Lorna loved your review :-)

I hope you had a blast in Barcelona,

Reviewed November 6, 2016

I must admit, I booked this tour because the ghost walks were fully booked. But I'm so pleased I did. Our guide, a lovely Welsh girl whose name I can't remember ( she said we wouldn't lol ) mixed just the right amount of fact with fiction ( or was it? ) Some of Barcelona's history is dark and spooky enough to not need embellishment. The buildings and alleyways were all atmospheric in the dark and the 'punishments ' handed to each of us by the Spanish inquisition were a fun touch.

Date of experience: October 2016
Sputrip, Owner at Dark Past Night Walking Tour, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2016

Glad you had such a nice time on the Dark Past tour. Your guide that night was Lowri (our Welsh guide with a difficult name to remember ;-). I am sure she will love your review too. Thanks a million for posting it.

See you next time around,

Reviewed October 31, 2016

Learn about the Spanish inquisition, a very dark and deathly period, in an engaging and humorous way. Lorna is a fantastic tour guide. She is enthusiastic, engaging, well informed and absolutely delightful. I wanted to know more about the inquisition so signed up for this night tour. I really didn't know what to expect but I did not expect to have so much fun while learning. Lorna had props, pictures she projected on the the historical walls, audience participation and lots of historical stories to tell. While we were an audience of all adults, I felt she would also be every young child's favorite teacher.

1  Thank Sherry G
Sputrip, Owner at Dark Past Night Walking Tour, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2016

Hi Sherry,

That was a fantastic review for Lorna. I couldn't agree more with you about her guiding skills. I would have also loved it to have her as a teacher ;-).

Thanks a million for taking your time to review us and I hope you will visit us again soon.

Until then,

Reviewed October 31, 2016

Excellent tour, with a knowledgeable and engaging guide. It was the highlight of our trip to Barcelona.

Hi Sara,

Thank you so much. Delighted that our tour was the highlight of your trip to Barcelona :-)

See you next time around,

Reviewed October 31, 2016 via mobile

Eric was our guide (8 folks in party altogether). Was a lovely mix of information, insights and stories with an added pinch of humour. It came across as if Eric had put some effort in to researching and sharing the darker history of Barcelona - which was appreciated. Great fun for an evening, rounded off with a couple of beers is one of the bars he pointed out.

Date of experience: October 2016

I am glad ypou had such a nice time with Eric discovering the darker side of Barcelona's history. Thanks a million for the review.

All the best,