“One of our favorite things that we did in Barcelona”

Dark Past Night Walking Tour
Ranked #103 of 696 Tours in Barcelona
More attraction details
Owner description: A twilight wander in El Born following the shadows of medieval punishments, executions and executioners, past spirits and the infamous Spanish Inquisition. Please note that, although a couple of the city's legends might be included, this is not a Ghost Tour but an historical night tour based on the darker side of Barcelona's history.
Reviewed November 14, 2016

My husband and I like the dark stories, and were very excited about this part of our trip. Lorna was a fabulous tour guide! We adored her. She was enthusiastic and engaging, which we found we difficult to find in a tour guide while we were there. We were completely unfamiliar with the Spanish Inquisition and left the tour wanting to know more. We even walked around the Gothic Quarter looking for markers of a brothel, or the cemetery of the mullberry trees and explored a little more into the stories that she told us.

We could not rave about this more. This was definitely worth the trip, alone. She's a wealth of information and was even helping to guide us with some of the local restaurants and shops. The group was friendly, fun and I would highly recommend this on your next holiday in Barcelona.

2  Thank Brandie W
Sputrip, Owner at Dark Past Night Walking Tour, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2016

Hi Brandie,

Wow! That is a fantastic review. We do adore Lorna at Runner Bean too :-)). I am glad you thought Lorna was enthusiastic and engaging and also helpful with recommendations.

Next time you visit we would love to show you around again.

All the best,

"different perspective"
in 3 reviews
"arc de triomf"

Reviewed November 11, 2016

I was initially skeptical about taking a paid night time tour. However, within the first 5 minutes I was glad I did. Lorna was incredibly knowledgeable and incredibly funny. The 2 hour tour was action packed - we had play acting, quizes, trivia, urban legends and of course a dark/heavy dose of history.
If you have an unplanned evening in Barcelona - definitely recommend this tour - You'll get done just in time for Dinner and then can also go on an enjoy the Barcelona nightlife.

1  Thank Sparsh M
Sputrip, Owner at Dark Past Night Walking Tour, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2016

Hi Sparsh,

Thank you so much for the fantastic feedback. Lorna loved your review :-)

I hope you had a blast in Barcelona,

Reviewed November 6, 2016

I must admit, I booked this tour because the ghost walks were fully booked. But I'm so pleased I did. Our guide, a lovely Welsh girl whose name I can't remember ( she said we wouldn't lol ) mixed just the right amount of fact with fiction ( or was it? ) Some of Barcelona's history is dark and spooky enough to not need embellishment. The buildings and alleyways were all atmospheric in the dark and the 'punishments ' handed to each of us by the Spanish inquisition were a fun touch.

Sputrip, Owner at Dark Past Night Walking Tour, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2016

Glad you had such a nice time on the Dark Past tour. Your guide that night was Lowri (our Welsh guide with a difficult name to remember ;-). I am sure she will love your review too. Thanks a million for posting it.

See you next time around,

Reviewed October 31, 2016

Learn about the Spanish inquisition, a very dark and deathly period, in an engaging and humorous way. Lorna is a fantastic tour guide. She is enthusiastic, engaging, well informed and absolutely delightful. I wanted to know more about the inquisition so signed up for this night tour. I really didn't know what to expect but I did not expect to have so much fun while learning. Lorna had props, pictures she projected on the the historical walls, audience participation and lots of historical stories to tell. While we were an audience of all adults, I felt she would also be every young child's favorite teacher.

1  Thank Sherry G
Sputrip, Owner at Dark Past Night Walking Tour, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2016

Hi Sherry,

That was a fantastic review for Lorna. I couldn't agree more with you about her guiding skills. I would have also loved it to have her as a teacher ;-).

Thanks a million for taking your time to review us and I hope you will visit us again soon.

Until then,