“Awesome! The highlight of our visit to Barcelona”

Dark Past Night Walking Tour
Ranked #103 of 696 Tours in Barcelona
More attraction details
Owner description: A twilight wander in El Born following the shadows of medieval punishments, executions and executioners, past spirits and the infamous Spanish Inquisition. Please note that, although a couple of the city's legends might be included, this is not a Ghost Tour but an historical night tour based on the darker side of Barcelona's history.
Reviewed May 25, 2016

I had no idea what this tour would be like but I liked the idea of wandering around the city at night. Wow! It was awesome! Our guide was Lorna (I think that was her name, Irish woman). She was engaging and personable. She made it a participatory tour where she helped us imagine if we were living back in the tortuous times. She even brought a small projector to project images on the walls of the terrible times that people experienced. So cool.

I can't believe anyone would complain about the cost (15 euros). It was totally worth it! If you are considering it... just do it! You won't be disappointed.

Sputrip, Owner at Dark Past Night Walking Tour, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2016

Thank you so much for your review for Lorna's tour. For quality purposes, we limit the number of participants on this tour to 15 and I am really glad you appreciated this on your review.

I hope you will visit us again soon so we can take you on more walks,

All reviews
"different perspective"
in 3 reviews
"arc de triomf"

Reviewed May 24, 2016

I found this tour by searching for walking tours in internet. I thought will be interesting and reserve my place straight away. It did not disappoint. The tour is really interesting, the guide also use audiovisuals to complement the tour and the information provided is very good. I do not remember the name of my tour guide (she is a woman from Ireland, apologies for the bad memories with names) that is very nice and know how to keep the group focus. My only complain is that even that two hours seems a long tour at night the true is that is short. I am pretty sure there is way more to learn from this dark past of the spanish history, is a great way to start the evening.

Your guide (a woman from Ireland) was definitely Lorna. It is great to read that you enjoyed her tour so much. Thanks a million for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor travelers community.

All the best,

Reviewed May 11, 2016

This was a unique way to set the pace for our 4 days in Barcelona. We learnt some dark secrets from the past while wandering the narrow streets of the very cool neighborhood of ElBorn. We liked the area so much we returned in daylight to explore the many shops and restaurants.

I am glad you enjoyed the tour. The neighbourhood where it takes place is definitely very different at night and during the day, both very charming in a different way. For this Dark Past tour, the background of the night is a must ;-).

Thank you very much for the review and I hope you return to Barcelona soon,

Reviewed May 11, 2016

My friend suggest we do this two hour walking tour...Two hours????
Slightly begrudgingly I went....
So glad I did....the time flew by....hard to believe we were walking around for so long.
A fantastic and informative tour made all the more interesting/special by Lorna.
Her passion in relaying the myths and legends had us all drawn in.
No question went unanswered or felt too trivial.
Highly recommend.

Thank you so much for the review. I agree, Lorna is fantastic! I am glad you enjoyed her passion and way of telling the dark side of Barcelona's history.

I hope you will visit us again soon,

See more reviews
Reviewed April 27, 2016

Barcelona is a cool place to walk around when it's dark, so a tour like this can be a fun option if you're looking for something to do at night. I got Lorna as my tour guide and thought she was outstanding. It's like she was meant to be a tour guide: She's fun, entertaining and personable. My only complaint about the tour is that I wish it was a donation-based tour like so many others. I thought the price (15 Euros) was a little expensive. But I also understand that they need to run a business.

3  Thank ExtraUnderwear
Sputrip, Owner at Dark Past Night Walking Tour, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2016

That was a fantastic review for Lorna and I am sure she will appreciate it a lot. Thank you so much for taking your time to write it.

Regarding the price, we are a local legal company working within the Spanish Law. The price of the Dark Past Night Walking Tour is €15 and includes a 2 hour walking tour at night limited to 15 people, local taxes and the wages of a professional guide.

I hope you will visit us again soon and join another one of our tours :-)