Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
An absolute must-do for Barcelona

We absolutely loved this tour, and it was all thanks to Ross! His liveliness and enthusiasm for the... read more

Reviewed December 17, 2019
catterflyworx
Johannesburg, South Africa
Recommend Runner Bean Tours!

Kudos to our guide, Ross, who showed us an interesting side of Barcelona at night. I don't have a... read more

Reviewed November 30, 2019
Scenic181462

Recommended experiences in and around Barcelona
from $17.04
from $58.23
from $14.61
from $84.00
More Info
All reviews spanish inquisition dark history el born guide ross runner beans a lot of fun fantastic guide interesting stories props torture gruesome storyteller audience
Selected filters
Reviewed May 24, 2016

I found this tour by searching for walking tours in internet. I thought will be interesting and reserve my place straight away. It did not disappoint. The tour is really interesting, the guide also use audiovisuals to complement the tour and the information provided is very good. I do not remember the name of my tour guide (she is a woman from Ireland, apologies for the bad memories with names) that is very nice and know how to keep the group focus. My only complain is that even that two hours seems a long tour at night the true is that is short. I am pretty sure there is way more to learn from this dark past of the spanish history, is a great way to start the evening.

Date of experience: May 2016
Sputrip, Owner at Dark Past Night Walking Tour, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2016

Your guide (a woman from Ireland) was definitely Lorna. It is great to read that you enjoyed her tour so much. Thanks a million for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor travelers community.

All the best,

Reviewed May 11, 2016

This was a unique way to set the pace for our 4 days in Barcelona. We learnt some dark secrets from the past while wandering the narrow streets of the very cool neighborhood of ElBorn. We liked the area so much we returned in daylight to explore the many shops and restaurants.

Date of experience: April 2016

I am glad you enjoyed the tour. The neighbourhood where it takes place is definitely very different at night and during the day, both very charming in a different way. For this Dark Past tour, the background of the night is a must ;-).

Thank you very much for the review and I hope you return to Barcelona soon,

Reviewed May 11, 2016

My friend suggest we do this two hour walking tour...Two hours????
Slightly begrudgingly I went....
So glad I did....the time flew by....hard to believe we were walking around for so long.
A fantastic and informative tour made all the more interesting/special by Lorna.
Her passion in relaying the myths and legends had us all drawn in.
No question went unanswered or felt too trivial.
Highly recommend.

Date of experience: April 2016

Thank you so much for the review. I agree, Lorna is fantastic! I am glad you enjoyed her passion and way of telling the dark side of Barcelona's history.

I hope you will visit us again soon,

Reviewed April 27, 2016

Barcelona is a cool place to walk around when it's dark, so a tour like this can be a fun option if you're looking for something to do at night. I got Lorna as my tour guide and thought she was outstanding. It's like she was meant to be a tour guide: She's fun, entertaining and personable. My only complaint about the tour is that I wish it was a donation-based tour like so many others. I thought the price (15 Euros) was a little expensive. But I also understand that they need to run a business.

3  Thank ExtraUnderwear
Sputrip, Owner at Dark Past Night Walking Tour, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2016

That was a fantastic review for Lorna and I am sure she will appreciate it a lot. Thank you so much for taking your time to write it.

Regarding the price, we are a local legal company working within the Spanish Law. The price of the Dark Past Night Walking Tour is €15 and includes a 2 hour walking tour at night limited to 15 people, local taxes and the wages of a professional guide.

I hope you will visit us again soon and join another one of our tours :-)

Reviewed February 5, 2016

The tour started just before night fall. Guide was knowledgeable and entertaining. I would recommend this to everyone.

Date of experience: July 2015
Sputrip, Owner at Dark Past Night Walking Tour, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2016

Thank you for the review. I am glad you had such a good time on the tour.

All the best,