Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
An absolute must-do for Barcelona

We absolutely loved this tour, and it was all thanks to Ross! His liveliness and enthusiasm for the... read more

Reviewed December 17, 2019
catterflyworx
Johannesburg, South Africa
Recommend Runner Bean Tours!

Kudos to our guide, Ross, who showed us an interesting side of Barcelona at night. I don't have a... read more

Reviewed November 30, 2019
Scenic181462

Recommended experiences in and around Barcelona
from $17.04
from $58.23
from $14.61
from $84.00
More Info
All reviews spanish inquisition dark history el born guide ross runner beans a lot of fun fantastic guide interesting stories props torture gruesome storyteller audience
Selected filters
Reviewed August 22, 2014

This tour was a blast and our guide really loved and knew how to talk to the group. With a traveling projection slide show and photos we all really felt that we understood the history of the dark side of Barcelona. I would recommended this to anyone who wanted to learn about the shocking events that happened in Barcelona in a way that brings history to life.

I have been on hunted tour in several cities around the world and I believe this was one of the most interesting and exciting ones I have been on. We even had a lightning storm that brought a new level of scare to the tour!

Date of experience: May 2014
Sputrip, Owner at Dark Past Night Walking Tour, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2014

Hi Maggie,

Thanks a million for the review. That was a fantastic compliment. And you are right, electric storms really help ;-)

All the best,

Reviewed August 19, 2014

In my travelling I have completed many a walking tour, it is the best way to see the places you are visiting. I found this tour to be one of the more fun tours I've been on. This is a history and information tour with a high level of interaction which is very entertaining. There are some interesting stories about the past and it needs to be noted that it is not a ghost tour.

Hi Adam,

Thank you so much for the review. It is great to hear that you had such a good time on my tour. It was a fantastic group that night :-).

I hope you had a good trip back to Sydney,

Reviewed August 18, 2014

This tour definitely opened up our eyes a little bit more to Barcelona's dark past, it was fun reliving it through Gorka's methods of presenting, he used props such as projectors, and proper books, and other cool things to recount the chilling historical facts of the time. It is definitely not a 'walking tour' where he points out the main touristic sights, he rather points out what happened in certain parts of Barcelona like a true local would. Definitely highly recommend it.

Date of experience: August 2014
Sputrip, Owner at Dark Past Night Walking Tour, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Hi Nyah,

I remember you on my tour a few days ago :-). Thanks a million for posting this wonderful review. As you said, this is not a tour about sightseeing but learning about the most gruesome and darker side of the history of Barcelona. I am glad that you enjoyed it so much.

See you next time around,

Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

When traveling to a city with such a rich history, we expected more of a ghost tour with stops at local establishments and stories of strange spine chilling events. What we got was a good tour guide who told us about the Spanish Inquisition and executions.
It was an okay tour, but not what I was hoping for. Just know that it is not a ghost tour of any kind. More historical in nature.

Date of experience: August 2014
Sputrip, Owner at Dark Past Night Walking Tour, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Hi Todd,

Thank you for joining the tour last week. I was the guide that day and I am sorry to hear that it wasn't what you were expecting as that you were looking for a traditional Ghost Tour. To avoid misunderstandings, in the first paragraph of our website, in the description of this tour, we have always stated the following (written in bold letters):

"Please note that, although a couple of the city's legends might be included, this is not a Ghost Tour but an historical night tour based on the darker side of Barcelona's history".

I am really not sure what else we can do. I sent you a personal message a few days ago asking for any pointers to avoid future misunderstandings but we haven't heard from you. If you read this, we would really appreciate if you could let us know.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Barcelona :-)

Reviewed August 8, 2014

After doing the Dark Night Tour with Gorka, we decided to also book the free walking tour of Barcelona and again was happy to have Gorka as our guide! He is truly passionate about his work and sharing some fascinating and interesting history of Barcelona!
You will not be disappointed with the tour.

Date of experience: July 2014