First of all you have to pay extra when you get there if you want sheets, to me that defeats the purpose of paying for a bed in a hostel. You would think that sheets are included. It is not a deposit either, you actually have to pay for them.
There was no hot water in the kitchen so who knows how clean the dishes are.
And the showers were absolutely terrible. Being a female as well, there is only one shower where you can shower in privacy. The rest are open with glass doors so everyone in the bathroom can see in and there is nowhere to get changed in privacy. When you shower you have to hold the handle in constantly and if you let it out for longer than a few seconds the water goes cold again and there is nowhere to stand outside of the water spray to wait for it to warm up. You have to stand under the FREEZING water until it warms up eventually. Try washing your hair and holding in the tap at the same time.. I wouldn´t return here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be confident that with us you will find all the best a hostel can offer: central and safe location, friendly and familiar atmosphere with no curfew, dinners and party every night, free walking tour every morning (with profesional guides), amazing facilities, free internet and Wi-Fi, free linens, clean and comfortable accommodations , and much more. Our great location in a residential area (no pickpockets here) is seven minutes walking from the famous Rambla and Plaza Cataluna, Barcelona’s central square, where you can find connection to all of Barcelona’s day and night-time attractions and tourist locations. We are also 10 minutes walking to Sagrada Familia, Gaudi buildings and the train station to/from Barcelona Airport (Passeig de Gracia station). Everything worth seeing is walking distance. The cheapest supermarket in Barcelona is just around the corner as well as Girona metro station (line-4) that get you to the beach area in only 8 minutes. All dorms with air conditioning are decked out in mediterranean style, each bed with reading light, power socket and free safe locker. Very tired or hang over in the morning? Don’t worry, our bathrooms are provided with speakers so you can dance having a shower and warm up :). Our shower have free shampoo, gel and conditioner, so you don’t need to buy if you are taking low cost flights around Europe. Enjoy our confortable private rooms with air conditioning, daily clean, safe box, hair dryer and free linen and towels. We offer comfortable common areas with music to socialize, with couches, reading area, outdoor terrace, Cinema Screen with cable TV (200 channels) , Blue-Ray player with lots of free movies and dolby sound system, dinning room and two luggage rooms. We also have a games room with foosball , pool and PS3 all for free. Wi-Fi internet access is available throughout the building and also seven free of use computers. Do you need to print out your boarding passes and tickets (Sagrada Familia, Barca match, Picasso museum…)? We will print you out for free in reception ;) We also have a fully-equipped kitchen that is available for use 24 hours. It has two refrigerators, microwave, an electric oven, toasters, heaters, coffee and tea machine and everything else needed to bring your next culinary creation to life! The famous Mediterranean dinners are available every night, all included for a fair price. Our Young chefs will teach you how to cook paella, tapas, fideua, spanish omelete, and more. Pub crawls also available and free Walking tours every morning so you can have memorable experiences here. Security: It's very important for us. We have security cameras and wristbands access in all areas as well as Free and Safe Lockers for every guess. If you have any big value thing to keep it safe, please, tell us at arrival and we will take care of it. If you need any information about the city, our young and friendly staff speaks English and Spanish and will provide you with maps and all the information you will need - sightseeing, transportation, restaurants, nightlife and more. As we are travelers like you, we know what you want out of a hostel and will do all we can to make you feel comfortable and make your stay in Barcelona unforgettable. We have laundry facilities (wash & dry). Private rooms : Linen and towels included . Dorms : Linen is included, and there is also the possibility of renting towels (2€) If your departure from Barcelona is later in the day, you are more than welcome to use our common areas during that day. We're all about people. We know Barcelona intimately and we are highly motivated to help you find the most charming experiences around. Ask us and we will happily recommend the best sites to visit, clubs, restaurants and all the day and night activities that are taking place in the city and its surroundings. We are proud of our team!! IMPORTANT : We only accept guests between the ages of 16 and 45 in our property. Our property is not suitable for elders. Guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Mediterranean Barcelona Youth Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mediterranean Youth Hotel Barcelona
- Mediterranean Barcelona Youth Hostel Catalonia