Arco A&A Youth Hostel
$214
$208
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Casa Camper Hotel Barcelona(Barcelona)
$373
$225
$182
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya(Barcelona)
$149
El Palace Hotel(Barcelona)
$437
$424
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We are Canadian, US and Mexican group and this is the worst place we stayed in by far, We were looking for a cheap place to stay for a few nights and trust me and let me warn you, you get what you pay for...
-Be carefull with your credit card deposit!!
-Rooms and bathroom are poorly ventilated and dirty, do not smell good.
-slowwwww WIFI connection
-The old guy at the reception was rude and 0 tolerant, not friendly and not nice staff...
-Door broken (very unsafe).

Check another hostel...

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I had a nice time here! I felt safe, we were very close to all the attractions, and the price was decent! It is hard to find but right off La Ramblas (the big road in Barce), easy walk to all the Gaudi buildings, the sea, the Gothic Quarter, etc.
Breakfast was not delicious but it included some fruit and cereal, it was enough to get going in the morning, and it was included, which was nice!
Showers were hot and the rooms were clean. They charge 2,50 (euros) for sheets but towels are free.
Staff was nice and pointed me to good churros and pinxtos :)
Overall I wasn't expecting luxury, and I didn't find it, but I felt comfortable and safe during my stay in Barcelona!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank rebrice
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Extremely difficult to find (lane is not on any map, online information and staff got on the phone didn't give any valuable clue to find the place, and local people themselves get it wrong).
I needed to cancel my last night, yet since doing it online would have costed more than the price for the night itself, I asked the staff the very first day, but they never wanted to help or make any effort, and have been extremely unpleasant.
The bed linen is not included in the price of the night, you have to rent some. Which is something I've never seen, was not mentioned during the booking, and extremely surprising for that one obviously expects bed linen to be provided with the bed to sleep!!
Last but not least, the price for one night is way too expensive not only for the service provided but also for the premises (14-bed dorm room); I identified other hostels which were cheaper and in which dorm rooms were more welcoming / had less bed.
All in all, I had a bad experience with Arco Youth Hostel and left with the feeling I got terribly cheated.

Room Tip: Pick another hostel!! for example from the Equity Point chain.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank tardivs
Reviewed August 27, 2011

This hostel was absolutely the worst place that I had ever stayed at.. Booked for 2 nights out of desperation I guess...27 EUR/night for a small room shared with 8 people...I mean the breakfast and the bathroom was ok (no space to change, breakfast was crackers with butter and jam and some cerial with warm milk) but the staff was so mal-tempered and uninformative ! The bonus was when the guy from the reception woke me up at 8AM wanting me to pay before his shift was over so he would not get in trouble...All this because their credit card machine did not work.. Plus they make you pay for sheets Left the next morning and ended up paying for 2 nights...I dont this they ever heard of customer service. PLEASE people if you trust TripAdvisor, trust this review !

Would never recommend this place to anybody !

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Ondrej_Sumavsky
Reviewed May 18, 2011

I walked in here without booking anything in Barcelona. My experience was pretty alright. It's true that they don't allow alcohol in the hostel; however, it's just a matter that alcohol tends to make people loud and rowdy when others want to sleep. Most of the people in this hostel are travelers.

What I really didn't like was the fact that what I paid more as a walk in than if I had booked it online through hw or hb. If you have large luggage, you may have a difficult time hauling it upstairs. You have to climb two floors, as the hostel is on the third floor.

It's $2.50 for the blanket. Breakfast was cereal and dry toast. Free wifi. Free computer usage for those without a wireless device. Location is excellent just off Las Ramblas. Receptionists speak both English and Spanish. Free locker (small locker) for personal things. Bathrooms are cleaned everyday. There's only a hot plate in the kitchen, no oven. The meeting areas, a room with a couch and a love seat, the kitchen, and the seats behind the computers are small, but big and intimate enough for people to start chatting.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo