“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #26 of 512 Hotels in Barcelona
Moscow
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Stayed in the Hotel this March just for 1 night.

The Hotel is really a high qaulity - nicely decorated, modern and very well located. The breakfast has all you need - some hamon, coffee, pastries and juce.

The room is a bit small, has Nespresso coffee machine, toiletries, iron/iron board. There are no shelves in the bathroom - it was difficult to adjust shampoo and other stuff there.

Accross the street there is a Tapas Club - best Cava Sangria!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank LyudProf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cupar, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2014

First time in Barcelona and this Hotel was fantastic. Great location and although our room did not have a view it didn't matter as we were only there to sleep as there is so much to see and do in the city. The hotel staff were all very young, enthusiastic,friendly and exceptionally helpful - nothing was too much trouble.The room was spotless and airy but I must agree with a previous comment that the lighting in the bathroom could have been better. I would certainly have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone and would stay there again on our next visit.

Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We were a group of 12 staying in this hotel for 3 nights. We checked in and 10 of us (2 still to arrive from Switzerland) had a welcoming glass of cava in reception before we all headed up to find out what are rooms were like. Ace start to our little break away.
This was my first visit to Barcelona and we found that this hotel was in a great location. A short walk to Las Ramblas, easy access to the marina and the tourist bus stop just outside.
In the group we had a selection of rooms but all had the funky en-suites with the best showers ever - I want one! We paid extra for the Port View which was lovely but you then do get a bit more road noise but I sleep with earplugs when away so it didnt disturb me, helped by a very comfy mattress. Our friends who had one of the smallest rooms said it was worth the extra we paid but still said their room was perfectly adequate.

We enjoyed our free cocktail prior to our first night out - and as the reason for being away was for 2 special birthdays these people were presented with a bottle of cava each and chocolates - a wonderful jesture from the hotel. THANK YOU. These bottles were shared between the group before our last night out. The drinks from the bar were very reasonable for a hotel and we had pre and post drinks most evenings served by the wonderful Beatrice. Her welcoming smile made us feel like we belonged.

Breakfast was another highlight - the scales when a returned home showed me that - eek! The selection of food was impressive and it was so hard to resist all the wonderful items, fruit, cereals, meats, cheeses, breads, croisants, cakes and cooked breakfast etc including hot waffles smothered in chocolate sauce...and then even more cava if you wanted a bucks fizz to start your day's exploration of this wonderful city! We made the most of the breakfast each day and had a very light snack at lunch.

I would love to return someday and recommend it as a perfect place to make your Barcelona trip.

Room Tip: The views would be better on the higher floors
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Cosycoysh
HMBARCELONA, Director Comercial at H10 Port Vell, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear cosycoysh,

I would like to thank you for your comments left in tripadvisor.

It is always a pleasure to check that our guests are satisfied with our service.

I will be very glad to welcome you in your next visit to Barcelona.

Kindest regards,

Bellport, New York
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I never had an account on Tripadvisor, although I always checked it before I went anywhere, I never felt like I needed to write a review on anything. Once staying here, I wanted to review it because I had such a great experience. I stayed at H10 in Port Vell, Barcelona a couple weeks ago for 2 nights (wish it was longer). It is in an amazing location. So close to La Rambla and obviously the Port is right in front of the hotel. When checking in, we were offered sparkling wine and given a voucher for 2 free drinks at the bar. The staff at the front desk were just so helpful and friendly, it made the experience even better. One night we enjoyed drinks in the lobby bar and it was a very nice night. The hotel was spotless and clean. It recently opened a couple of months ago and everything in just so pretty. Our room had a balcony and everything was so modern and fresh. The bathroom was AMAZING the way it was set up and I've never had a better shower in my life, and I travel a lot. lol We so looked forward to going back to the room each night after a long day of sightseeing. It was a little chilly, but on the roof there is a beautiful sitting area and pool. We sat up there for a while, but I can only imagine how amazing it would be in warmer weather. Overall, I loved Barcelona and this hotel was one reason why. I will definitely being staying here on my next trip to Barcelona!

Room Tip: I think getting a room with the balcony is definitely worth it!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Second time in Barcelona, second time in H10. Previously stayed at H10 Marina. Port Vell is by far the better in terms of location. It is a short walk from the start of La Rambla, and right on the Marina. Also it is very close to Barceloneta Metro station and all bus routes.
I'll start with a small whinge. I didn't realise we had booked such a small room. There was not enough space for a 6 day stay, the bathroom was poorly lit and the shower cubicle could have done with some kind of shelf. The only view is of the other rooms around the centre of the hotel.
That said we should have looked more closely at the accommodation when booking. Don't let this put you off if you like the price, you shouldn't spend too much time in your room in this brilliant city.
I would have no problem recommending it. It was spotlessly clean. The staff were terrific. All reception staff spoke English, and were knowledgeable about the area. The bar was small and lacked atmosphere but was ok for a cocktail before you go out, and prices were very reasonable for a hotel.
Beware most restaurants don't open till after 8.00pm and some don't start serving food till after 10pm.
Would definatley stay here again although there are now several H10 hotels to choose from in Barcelona.

Room Tip: Look at hotels own picture of "Basic Room". The dark frame behind the curtain is the windo...
1 Thank trevorbaker
Sheffield
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Had a 2 night stay last week , first time in Barcelona and what a wonderful place. This hotel is fantastic, we had a port view room, amazing. we received a wonderful welcome at reception and enjoyed the glass of Cava on arrival too. Just across the road from the Marina and a short walk to the beach. The breakfast was superb, the nicest breakfast we have had in a hotel. A choice of hot or cold and if you order a cooked breakfast it is cooked to order. Cava available with breakfast and loved the sweets and cakes that were available too. The hotel has a lovely roof terrace with a small plunge pool. All of the staff were so helpful and welcoming a credit to the H10 group. There is nothing I can fault about this hotel.The hotel is about 15-20 minutes away from the airport, we got a taxi and it was 28 Euros. Cannot wait to return very soon, wished we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
HMBARCELONA, Director Comercial at H10 Port Vell, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear SWFCSheffield,

On behalf of all the staff, I would like to thank you for sharing your opinion of your last stay in our Hotel.

It is always a pleasure to see that our guests are satisfied with our service.

Certainly, our breakfast is one of our strongest points. Our staff is always commited to improve this service.

We will be more than pleased to welcome you in your next visit to Barcelona.

Kindest regards,

Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a four night stay at the H10 Port Vell and the first thing I must comment on is the staff in this hotel - the service was exceptional and h10 should be very proud of the staff in this particular hotel. Nothing was too much bother for them and they were always so pleasant and helpful. The location of the hotel is great just a 5 minute walk to la rambla or the beach. The room we had was an economy double and to be perfectly honest it was VERY small but very well equipped - there was a 42 inch tv on the wall, nespresso coffee machine and a beautiful bathroom with large walk in shower - there is a good supply of toiletries supplied in the bathroom. The breakfast is amazing!! There is a beautiful pool area on the roof top with sun loungers and perfect views - a fantastic hotel with the best staff ever!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Christine F,

First of all I would like to thank you for your comments of your stay in H10 Port Vell Hotel.

We are very glad to see that our Hotel met your expectations.

Concerning the Economy Double Room, it is true that is smaller than standard rooms, but on the other hand has always the breakfast included. our breakfast in highly recommended by our guests and it is an added value in this room type.

All the staff is looking to welcome you soon.

Yours faithfulle,