This is a new-ish hotel (the taxi drivers don't know where it us, so just give the address!) and the immediate impact is that it's a small, renovated building, just on the edge of the action, 5 mins from the Port Vell marina, the bottom of the Ramblas and a step or two into the higgledy streets of the old town.
Reception is "designer" (black tiles and walls, lime green furnishings), and the welcome is very friendly and helpful. There's a genteel lack of polish at times, but totally winning and authentic.
Rooms have a 'wow' impact: very generous size, new and thoughtfully arranged. Plenty of luggage space, for example.
Bathrooms also large, with powerful showers.
There's a nice roof terrace for taking a drink, nap or (small) plunge in a pool the size of a footbath, but it was a bit cold during my visit ;)
Breakfast was surprisingly good - very nice buffet selection, fresh fruit and a small but solid cooked options. In all, punching above its weight.
- SOUNDPROOFING. There isn't any. The wooden floors amplify noise and clicks and the walls are just so thin that conversations in the hall or next room are audible. I didn't mind (I was tired and the spanish was melodious rather than odious), but others would.
- room service - while it was clean there were a number of errors eg in replenishing the mini bar.
To counter these there's free wifi, ridiculously reasonable bar prices and charming helpfulness and welcome from the staff.
The front of the hotel opens onto a car park/unsalubrious dropping ground for trolleys and the odd matress (!). If you are sensitive to the 'pavement presence' of the hotel you may find this a bit edgy still and also a little off the main tourist drag.
For me, however, it was perfect for my client's offices, and I spent three nights here for the price of one night in a more mainstream luxury hotel. I will be pleased to go back next time I have a chance to visit Barcelona on business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The H10 Port Vell is a newly built hotel created by renovating one of the city´s historical buildings. This 4-star superior hotel has comfortable, modern rooms, a restaurant, a Lobby Bar and a Chill-Out Terrace with plunge pool on the 5th floor, where guests can enjoy privileged views of the Port Vell Marina and Palau de Mar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, H10 Hotels, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your H10 Port Vell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- H10 Port Vell Barcelona, Catalonia