“Quaint and great.”

and 1 more site!
Pars Tailor's Hostel
Ranked #60 of 735 Specialty Lodging in Barcelona
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Small hostel with a great atmosphere! Pub crawls running on most Friday and Saturday nights, the staff are incredibly friendly, kitchen is well equipped (but no oven), small but cosy common/lounge area (tables, couches, tv, computer, board games, cards etc), cheap alcohol for sale, female and male bathrooms, no powerpoints or reading lights at each bunk (that sucked) and the whole hostel always seemed to be very dark... Need better lighting! But apart from that, an excellent hostel and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jess W

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

A friend and I stayed here for 5 nights at the beginning of June, and we absolutely loved this hostel. The staff were awesome - Lucas and Miguel both always playing music in the common area (Miguel playing violin and Lucas playing guitar/singing), not to mention Lucas' wicked taste in music that was always playing the background when he wasn't playing his own. The hostel itself is decorated beautifully and the kitchen/common area was super well-equipped and a great place to meet other travelers. Every night the staff organized outings to bars and/or clubs, which were always fun. Overall, really mellow, relaxed atmosphere and beautiful environment to spend your time in Barcelona. Only suggestion is a little more of a thorough cleaning of the bathrooms. Other than that, five stars 100%.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Me and a group if friends have stayed here over the weekend. The rooms are clean and spacious, beds are really comfy and large lockers.
Bathrooms were pretty clean and nice, showers hot and powerful enough.
Common area downstairs was really good and comfortable. Fridges for you to use and refreshments to buy. You can also rent bikes for €10 for the day, and rent things such as towels, which is a great help.
The whole place has such a lovely vibe and feel and everyone was so friendly and sociable.
The people on reception are so helpful. Go to them for help, they know the city well and have maps for you.
The boys from reception at the hostel organised a night out which was brilliant as they knew where was good to go. The two boys on the desk are so lovely.
The hostel is so safe to stay in, doors are locked at night and you must buzz to be let in. There is someone on reception 24/7. So good!
This hostel is perfect location and such a lovely friendly place for such a cheap price. I'd definitely recommend it and would definitely stay again, should I find myself back in Barcelona.

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Best hostel ever. Staff were friendly. people were nice. Environment was friendly and everything was perfect. Best 4 days of my life.Also it tooks like 15 minutes by walking to la rambla.There was a common kitchen , so you dont have to spend your money in fast food restaurants etc. also there was a library, full of beautiful books. and the living room was really comfortable for chilling. If you are looking for a hostel in barcelona, you must stay at tailors hostel

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Yes the hostel is cute looking and close to la rambla. However it lacked the welcoming environment it was more as if my arrival was a disturbance to them. For one when I got in they were disorganized didn't know where the key was or their check in book. Then she gave me my key didn't tell me how to get to the room and also forgot to give me my sheets...thanks! The beds were good and the lockers provided were spacious but the bathroom smelled horrible and it did not go away. The day of my check out was interesting and it was only 7.30am, I was waiting for my shuttle and the one guy actually told me I should wait outside because he was going to mop the floor and I was in his way...again, THANKS! Luckily my shuttle got there in time...Anyways location is good but if you want better staff and feel a bit more welcome look elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here when I was traveling with 3 lf my friends. We were celebrating my birthday in barcelona! Well, the hostel was absolutely adorable, and the staff was very nice and eager to help us. They even suggested a few bars and clubs and helped us get tickets to the Barça game! Btw, if you have the opportunity, I recommend going to one of these games! They even upgraded our room and the bathroom was better than my own bathroom at home, really spacious and clean!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I stayed here for three nights and I must say, it was an excellent place to be! The hostel is located about a 10-minute walk away from the touristy La Rambla street, and about a block away from the nearest Metro station. I booked this place directly as opposed to hostel websites or anything like that, and they were willing to book me that way as opposed to other places which demand that you do it through hostelworld or whatever else. The hostel itself was very different from what I expected. I usually expect hostels to be a converted apartment with several rooms to accommodate their guests, but this place was very obvious from the outside complete with a check-in desk on the ground floor. The place was clean, the staff was very nice and warm, and the atmosphere overall was good. I would recommend this place wholeheartedly.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo