“Great spot for checking city”

Pars Tailor's Hostel
Ranked #64 of 757 Specialty Lodging in Barcelona
Barcelona, Spain
“Great spot for checking city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I was there for three days, one of the best Hostel I ever been. So welcoming, they offered me sangria on the first hour. Decoration is style and different from other places. They have a common area, relaxing and where i met people that later i travel with them.
I guess I am back in winter.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Balcarce, Argentina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I´ve been in Barcelona for a week and stayed in this marvellous hostel. The staff was more than kind, everything kept clean and you can find a very nice atmosphere. It has a good location, not that far from the beach, great for discovering BCN. I fully recommend to stay here.
Enjoy Barcelona!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

This was one of the best hostels I´ve ever been!! It´s clean, have a really good location (next to the ramblas), and the staff is amazing! They organize pub crawl every days wich is a lot of fun!! I will come back for sure.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

BEWARE OF THEFTS. This applies to both to the city of Barcelona and the Tailor's Hostel itself. In my small circle of friends visiting the city over four days, we were victims to three robberies (two at the beach, and one at the hostel, described below). While I don't have evidence to accuse anybody at Tailor's Hostel, the extremely lax security at this hostel is responsible for the loss of my two passports and hundreds of euros and dollars in cash.

- During the daytime, anybody walking on the street can easily walk into your room. The only layer of security is whether the front desk person--if at his post at the moment--recognizes you as one of the tens of people staying at the hostel that day. There are no locks on the stairs leading to the rooms or on the individual room doors.
- You cannot use your own padlock for the lockers. The hostel provides you with a locker key, which you're encouraged to leave at the front desk when you leave the hostel. They keep the keys in small wooden boxes labeled with the room number, without any security or control. You can basically ask for any key and they'll give it to you. They also have a master key that opens all lockers;
- There is no video camera or other security system in place

After locking my valuables in my locker and leaving my locker key downstairs, I went to spend the day at the beach. After coming back late that afternoon, I noticed my bed sheets had been replaced (as if I had checked out), my clothes had been rummaged through, and my passports and cash were missing from the bag stored in the locker. Because of the almost non-existing security, there was nothing I could do to get my stuff back.

While the hostel had several good things going for it, including the social activities, the decor, and the free sangria, I will always have a sour taste of my experience here. I cannot recommend staying at this hostel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank joab87
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Five days later and I left Tailor's Hostel feeling like a part of the family.

It didn't take long to get to know the ins and outs of Tailor's hostel. The combination of spick and span living spaces and a welcoming atmosphere brought a home feeling to Barcelona. Although there is only one bathroom for each sex in the building, it always seemed to sparkle clean. I never felt like I was living with a herd of travelers. Individual lockers gave me peace of mind and the hostel's safety policies are awesome. What really wowed me was they generally cared about personal safety and the safety of my belongings.
One night, to make a long story short, a guy from the hostel tried pickpocketing my friend but my friend caught him and then there was breakdancing and breakdance fighting then almost a real fight. The strange fellow was %365 at fault and was unfortunately staying at Tailor's Hostel with my friend and I. We told an employee what happened and before we woke up the next morning the strange fellow was kicked out of the hostel.
As for the employees at the hostel -- lovely. Especially this one guy named Hamy. Fun dude. Every night the hostel hosted some sort of party event and they were great ways to meet people. With free drinks, good music, and free entrance to Barcelona's clubs the hostel sponsored events were awesome. Oh and don't forget, Hamy will be there to! So it's a bonified good time.
Tailor's Hostel is a GO in my book.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Barcelona, Spain
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was based on the 12-person rooms but conditions might be better in the small rooms

1) Air-conditioning: none, but they are here this week to install it
2) Bathrooms: there are one male and one female bathroom, and each has to serve about 24 guests, that´s crazy - and worse, they were never cleaned at all on the weekend i stayed there - really gross!
3) Bag Stowage: 5 euros to leave your bag for a few hours (c´mon guys)
4) Really Loud: i mean really frikkin´loud when the busses and trucks go down the street
5) Laundry: there is one set of machines but the hostel uses them too, right in the middle of the day, so they are unusable for hours
6) Rooms: too small for 12 beds, it was like being on a submarine, you get a locker, but there´s no place to hag stuff, repack your bag, there,s a 4$ fine for hanging anything in the window
7) Decor: fun and nice
8) Staff: very nice and helpful

I really wanted to give them a strong review, but there were just too many bad situations

Room Tip: get one of the smaller rooms - the 12 person rooms are a meat locker