BEWARE OF THEFTS. This applies to both to the city of Barcelona and the Tailor's Hostel itself. In my small circle of friends visiting the city over four days, we were victims to three robberies (two at the beach, and one at the hostel, described below). While I don't have evidence to accuse anybody at Tailor's Hostel, the extremely lax security at this hostel is responsible for the loss of my two passports and hundreds of euros and dollars in cash.
- During the daytime, anybody walking on the street can easily walk into your room. The only layer of security is whether the front desk person--if at his post at the moment--recognizes you as one of the tens of people staying at the hostel that day. There are no locks on the stairs leading to the rooms or on the individual room doors.
- You cannot use your own padlock for the lockers. The hostel provides you with a locker key, which you're encouraged to leave at the front desk when you leave the hostel. They keep the keys in small wooden boxes labeled with the room number, without any security or control. You can basically ask for any key and they'll give it to you. They also have a master key that opens all lockers;
- There is no video camera or other security system in place
After locking my valuables in my locker and leaving my locker key downstairs, I went to spend the day at the beach. After coming back late that afternoon, I noticed my bed sheets had been replaced (as if I had checked out), my clothes had been rummaged through, and my passports and cash were missing from the bag stored in the locker. Because of the almost non-existing security, there was nothing I could do to get my stuff back.
While the hostel had several good things going for it, including the social activities, the decor, and the free sangria, I will always have a sour taste of my experience here. I cannot recommend staying at this hostel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our tailor-made hostel in the heart of Barcelona invites you to enjoy a tranquil, social hostel stay in style. Join one of our many events, our free tours, relax on our terrace, and learn how to cook a homemade, delicious Paella. All that in style! Inspired by a 1930s tailor shop, Pars Tailor’s Hostel combines vintage chic with up-to-date modern facilities. You can see nods to itours unique history throughout the hostel, like antique sewing machines and pretty swathes of fabric hanging from the walls. Fun fact: the owner used to work in the fashion industry herself. You won’t find anywhere else quite like this in Barcelona – everything here is Tailor-made. We are located in Barcelona downtown, in Sant Antoni quarter, one of the oldest and most popular neighborhoods in the Eixample district. We are 1 minutes walk from Aerobus stop and 3 main Metro stations, Urgell (L1) and Sant Antoni (L2). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and HostelWorld so you can book your Pars Tailor's Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pars Tailor's Hostel Barcelona, Catalonia