“Absoluely superb”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 17, 2013

This really is as good as the other reviewers say. The welcome could not be more warm, the service from everyone was engaged, knowledgeable and friendly. The food was beautiful, with superb specials of the day adding to the already extensive, varied and interesting main menu. The wine list featured some excellent local wines to complete a near perfect ataps experience. Worth going to Barcelona just for a meal. Also to top it off it was incredibly good value for money.

1  Thank WDandAK
There are newer reviews for Bambarol

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Every week I was thinking to make my way to Bambarol. Finally the day came. I could not be more happy about this visit. We have enjoyed flavors, aroma and a great ambiance. We have the opportunity to be served by Leo and I must say that her service contribute 200% to receive a great experience. If you have the opportunity to meet the chefs, I can assure you that your perception about all the dishes you have tried are an extra value, their story of how they´ve created this restaurant and the love they have put on it . I personally believe I have had the opportunity to taste honest, tasteful and delicious dishes - The art and simplicity of being sublime and superb!

2  Thank Germán I
Reviewed December 14, 2013

The food was tasty. Some of them were original but there was nothing excellent! But there was nothing bad too! I think Bambarol is very overrated!
The scallops were yummy! Cannelonis and beef carpaccio were ok!

I know that the chefs have excellent CV's, but Bambarol's style is not that of El Celler de Can Roca. That's why the portions would had been bigger!

The service was ok, the food was ok and I would go to this restaurant again but I believe there are other better restaurants in Barcelona! In my opinion, it does not deserve to be the 2th good restaurant in Barcelona. Really overrated!

For 6 different tapas, one bottle of vine, 2 portions of tomato bread and 2 deserts, we paid 76 Euro!

1  Thank gizemshakar
Reviewed December 2, 2013

What was most remarkable was the waitress (so sorry, I forgot the name but you can't miss her). Very outgoing and totally excited about the food they offer. When you ask for details about the dishes you get a description with a lot of gestures and facial expression. And she keeps this level of energy during the entire evening. We had a lot of tapas (way more than they recommended because we were really hungry and then you have to go way beyond their recommendation). The tuna and the carpaccio were tasty as were their patatas bravas and the tomato salad with watermelon. The special Spanish pork was excellent! The ham croquetes and the scrambled eggs were okay but not over top. We had cheesecake for dessert and it had a strawberry topping and was so good! We found the food is of great quality and the service is very friendly, but keep in mind that these are tapas. So you have to order a few (and you have to order the bread, too). Unfortunately they deleted the prices from the menu online but you should expect 5 (salad) to 10 (meat) EUR for one tapa. We would recommend to reserve a table in advance.

Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Excellent service & food but I highly recommend a restaurant around the corner named "Jimena".. It's the same people that run Bambarol & it's amazing!!

5  Thank Jaykaydog